Conti-bets

• mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      The articles say that I should always contibet apart from pots with 3+ people where i don't have a hand and:

a) The flop is wet
      b) flop is dry but has no overcards
      c) I am OOP against all opponents.

In these cases I play check/fold.

Are there any other situations where I do not contibet?

What if I am in a blind battle and the opponent always calls a conti and bets if I check? Do I check behind with initiative to balance check/fold and check/raise?

Thank you!
  • 2 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      You've also got to think about it situation by situation.

If you're in a pot on the flop with someone whose stats are like 60/0 (pfr/vpip), and who doesn't fold to c-bet, then there's no point betting it with air. Just gonna waste some chips. Instead in that case wait for a better hand, and then when you do hit you'll get paid off.

In the situation you said, depends again on opponent and board. You could try a check raise, but don't try it on a stupid board where you can't represent a hand so he'll just call again, or if you think he's always calling a flop c-bet but maybe not turn c-bet, 2nd barrel it.

Do you use HEM/elephant ? Having fold to c-bet/fold to turn bet, and flop c-bet/turn c-bet can really be beneficial.

Hope that helps a bit, sure one of the more experienced lot will help too :)
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      I just think it's hard to balance the check/ line. I think its exploitable with a flop cap - the opponent will pretty much know my hand after paying just 1BB.