This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Conti-bets

• mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      The articles say that I should always contibet apart from pots with 3+ people where i don't have a hand and:

a) The flop is wet
      b) flop is dry but has no overcards
      c) I am OOP against all opponents.

In these cases I play check/fold.

Are there any other situations where I do not contibet?

What if I am in a blind battle and the opponent always calls a conti and bets if I check? Do I check behind with initiative to balance check/fold and check/raise?

Thank you!
  • 2 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      You've also got to think about it situation by situation.

If you're in a pot on the flop with someone whose stats are like 60/0 (pfr/vpip), and who doesn't fold to c-bet, then there's no point betting it with air. Just gonna waste some chips. Instead in that case wait for a better hand, and then when you do hit you'll get paid off.

In the situation you said, depends again on opponent and board. You could try a check raise, but don't try it on a stupid board where you can't represent a hand so he'll just call again, or if you think he's always calling a flop c-bet but maybe not turn c-bet, 2nd barrel it.

Do you use HEM/elephant ? Having fold to c-bet/fold to turn bet, and flop c-bet/turn c-bet can really be beneficial.

Hope that helps a bit, sure one of the more experienced lot will help too :)
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      I just think it's hard to balance the check/ line. I think its exploitable with a flop cap - the opponent will pretty much know my hand after paying just 1BB.