[NL2-NL10] NL2- AJo vs minraises

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

in this hand, I play against the same guy than in the AJs hand. This time, I have some stats on him. The sample size is small, but he was quite active. I didn't have the impression that he was a competent player.

46.7/33.3/43/2.75/15 (VPIP/PFR/WTSD/AF/hands)

Pre-flop- I called for the given odds, + he did the same thing against me 1 orbit before this hand.

Flop- I had nearly bet 22 cents, but decided to play in flow. If he bet small, like in the previous hand, I'd raise him. If he bet big, I'd call and reevaluate later.

Turn- I think this is standard.

River- I had no idea what he had in this hand, his line was a bit strange. I thought I might be ahead but if he raises, I'll probably have to fold so I bet small.....I think, a bit too small. After his min raise, these things happened, in this order: I couldn't think of a hand what can reasonably raise the river and is weaker than mine; I realised I have to pay only 0.4 for the chance to win 1.95 and called; I won the hand; I thought- what an awful call this was from me.

My questions are- 1. Should I simply bet 22 cents on the flop?
      2. Should I bet 50 cents on the river and fold after the raise despite the nearly 5:1 odds? Can I win every 6th hand?

Thank you very much for helping me out with this hand, I was completely confused by the play of this opponent and had no clue what to do.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.05
      CO:
      $1.74
      BU:
      $3.06
      SB:
      $1.10
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $2.03
      MP2:
      $1.90

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO raises to $0.14, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.31) 5, 8, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.31) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, CO calls $0.22.

River: ($0.75) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40.

Final Pot: $2.35.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Jh Ad).
      CO shows a pair of aces(Ac Ts).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(Jh Ad).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Basically I wouldn't donk the flop for the reason that he still might CBet his whole range and we get value from him. Therefore rather let him do that while the board ain't that drawy.

Otherwise turn & river seems to be fine. I am as well Calling the river not only that I am really expecting always to win the hand but as well very good information from him for the future. Important notes for preflop play and as well postflop flop play and river play. A lot worthy notes which might add a lot money into our pocket than we loose this time. And of course there are still spots where we might be even ahead like this one. :D

Best regards.