Hero (CO): $5.05
      BTN: $27.70
      SB: $5
      BB: $28.45
      UTG: $36.55
      UTG+1: $25.10
      MP1: $6.20
      MP2: $41.35

Pre-Flop: A:spade: T:spade: dealt to Hero (CO)
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) K J:spade: 5:heart: (2 Players)
      BB bets $1.10, Hero ?.

Perhaps a bit too loose raise but they were pretty tight. Anyway, as played, fold call or push?
  • 8 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      I would not play this hand:) ..Anway if played, i would fold after his raise, chasing draws is according my experiences not benefical...
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      BB can have wide range of hands. It is very possible that he hit something. So i would fold this hand after his bet on the flop.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      pre-flop play is totally fine.

on the flop I would fold. We are not getting enough equity to play against top or middle pair or average estimated range (like 22-99, KTs+, QJs, KTo+, for instance).

unless we are up against overagressive idiot) This is actually very read dependent situation. Normally, I don`t respect such a bets from known player, because only weak player will donk into me (smart players will let me do the betting)
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah ok, ty xylere :)
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Isn't AT in CO a clear fold in SSS
    • xarry2
      xarry2
      Bronze
      well in basic sss it is.
      but with higher limits you will have to loosen your range in late position and start to make stealraises, i.e. open raises from the CO/BU or SB with many hands since you will have foldequity preflop which itself is often enough to guarantee profit.
      However 2 things are essential here:

- enough reads about the remainung opponents
      (how thight they are for example)

- postflop skills. so if you still have problems with basic hands you should first get sure there, since with stealing hands you will often get into very marginal postflop situations

imo you can start stealing on NL 25 and on NL 50 you can frequently see players making steals.
      on higher limits however, it's standard play to raise ATs in this situation.
      you will even be much looser.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      yeah, as xarry2 mentioned, you will get in very marginal and uncertain situations postflop, if you loosen up. And as we all know, one of our primary goals in poker is to avoid uncertain situations, where we can likelly make a mistake) That`s why it is not included in basic SSS. And I don`t recommend playing it, unless you don`t feel comfortable.

but otherwise it is profitable hand to play from LP.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I feel quite comfortable, just wondering about this specific situation if it was worthwhile to push with a gutshot and backdoor nutflushdraw