SB = ($4.96)
      BB = ($29.10)
      UTG2 = ($10.41)
      MP1 (Hero) = ($11.01)
      MP2 = ($10.15)
      MP3 = ($10.15)
      CO = ($20.28)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      UTG2 raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.05, 6 folds, UTG2 raises to $3.70, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.20.

Pretty simple hand here, just wondering if I should have called, shoved, or folded against a 4-bet with AK. Sorry if this doesn't really merit a post in the Hand Evaluation forums: If so, I'll happily post my question somewhere else.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

That's what the forum is for, you can ask any questions you want here. :) But with the 3bet it's kinda complicated for the reason it depends a lot on the opponent how he does play. If he is rather nittier side then I wouldn't really 3bet there for the reason that he will mostly continue with stronger hands and fold worse. But usually when you do 3bet there then this as well means that your plan is to play for stacks and he is opening a lot of hands and has wide range there.

Or what was your plan behind the 3bet with AK there against him? Previous reads, stats or anything or how does he play?

Best regards.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I should have known the answer would be "It depends." It always is in Poker :) I really should have paid attention to the guy's stats, rather than thinking there should be a definitive answer of what to do or not. Just out of curiosity, what would you do if this was the first hand you'd played at a table, so you were readless?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Salivanth
      I should have known the answer would be "It depends." It always is in Poker :) I really should have paid attention to the guy's stats, rather than thinking there should be a definitive answer of what to do or not. Just out of curiosity, what would you do if this was the first hand you'd played at a table, so you were readless?
      Sorry that I can't really say exact answer to the question. I mean I am rather trying to put yourself into thinking spot and trying to figure those things out yourselves why to 3bet, why not and so on. On higher limits you will need such a thinking a lot more while those limits you can easily just beat by playing straight forward.

What would I do? While I am on MP1 I'd rather as well rather 3bet it like you did than pick more people into the pot while AKo ain't the best hand to play multiway and considering the fact when he is 4betting us like that then I might even make the crying fold. We getting there anyways at the best a coinflip but as well could be far behind.

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    60.21%  44.09%  16.13% { JJ+, AKs, AKo }
      UTG+1  39.79%  23.66%  16.13% { AKo }

As you can see we ain't doing that great. And here we need like 45% equity to make it profitable.