[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AA, turn play

• 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      On several hands, I noticed that UTG2 is a passive player, calling pre-flop raises more often and calling bets more often post-flop. Not a very reliable read given I only have <20 hands on him (I'm not yet aware of the stats because of the small sample size.)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $3.58
      Hero:
      $5.42

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) J:heart: , 9:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.45, UTG2 calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.47) 7:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.75, UTG2 raises to $2.88 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

My opponent called both pre-flop and flop. Then he decides to check the turn as a possible flush completes. I tried to bet again (this time with 1/2 pot so that if I get check/raised it is still a small amount to give away).

I'm pretty sure that I'm already behind but was my decision correct?

Final Pot: $2.97
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello 36bullets,

Basically to avoid with his stack to ship the money there, I am at some spots just Checking behind on turn and taking pot control. He could even easily just ship there with JX or whatsoever as well. But as you decided to make the bet there then I guess I'd as well make the Bet/Fold rather than Call him down.

Best regards.
    • 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

Basically to avoid with his stack to ship the money there, I am at some spots just Checking behind on turn and taking pot control. He could even easily just ship there with JX :heart: or whatsoever as well.

I think I have to learn this line of thought, and learn it well.

Thanks!