[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AJo, turn play

• 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      CO, as I observed, was a very tight player, not yet sure of his aggression pattern.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.29
      CO:
      $7.48

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 9:spade: , 9:club: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, CO calls $0.30.

Knowing that the opponent I'm facing was a tight one, does c-betting here still a good option?

Turn: ($1.07) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, CO calls $0.65.

I now know that this is a mistake that I made. I already know that I'm facing a tight opponent, called my cbet, and still fired a 2nd barrel.

My question would be, what conditions should be there to fire the 2nd barrel?

River: ($2.37) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $2.37
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello 36bullets,

2nd barreling there is totally fine but the question rather is if he is capable of laying down the hand to 3barrel while he seems to be reasonable player. Sometimes I would advice that but given the fact that it's NL5 I wouldn't really try it while they are capable of calling down pretty light.

And as well you might even sometimes consider just Check/Folding directly on flop while a lot of broadways/SCs/PPs continue there and ain't that many hands which will fold.

But as you decided to CBet then likely do the 2nd barrel because the K is very good to represent a strong hand and make him fold some smaller PPs.

Best regards.