NL25 rush zero winrate

• RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

I guess I need a little help or a good suggestion. I currently play NL25 mss rush. And I've had approximately zero winrate for about last 100k hands. I read articles, watch videos, discuss hands on forum, but still see no result.

There's constantly some fish at the tables that makes pretty a lot of mistakes, but still my money goes away somewhere. And I have no idea where to. So please somebody give me some good advice :)

• 49 replies
    • IflopMonsters
      IflopMonsters
      Bronze
      Same thing here, almost identical stats :( Plz help
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      play bss
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      why?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RandomGenerator
      why?
      to win
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      why do you think I should win playing bss?
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      my stats are very similar to yours too!!

I think the basic formula is very strong but it needs some tweaking once you start to break even!! we are playing poker and charts will only take us so far I think we have to go the extra few yards :P

Any thoughts???

Roo
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      look at your nonshowdown winnings. You're nit rite? Walkover? :D

I don't think you can only wait for big hands..

Edit: and I don't think BSS will make ur profits any bigger there..
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Don't play rush?

Playing rush, it is all about the cards.
      Playing normal cash games, you can get into tables where you find exploitable PEOPLE. Take a buy-in or two from them, then move on.

If the table you're at doesn't have any -- or if you are the exploitable one (and with 11/10 vpip/pfr you probably are) -- just move on. With a couple of 30/10s on my right, and a couple of 12/10s on my left, I can make a buy-in w/o even getting to showdown.

I don't play rush (tried it & didn't like it), but what improved my game a whole bunch was reading all of the material about the advanced open raising chart, and the associated post flop articles.

I went from about a 9/9 and I'm now somewhere around 15/12.
      As you open more, you'll need better post flop skills.

If I were in your position, I would drop a limit and practice to get those skills.
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      playing vs fish must be really exciting, the only thing it's worth for is money .But from the point of view of game improvement you don't improve, you don't analyze you don't work because you don't have to.
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      my stats are very similar to yours too!!

I put my hh into my hem leak buster and here are some of the answers it gave me, hope this may help :P

My vpip is 9 way to low i scored an F should be around 14-20

my pfr/vpip ratio 98 way to high!! should be aiming for around 62-87 also scored an f.

Any thoughts???

Roo
      well I think that these stats are for BSS. you cannot play mss with VPIP 18 for example. just because you lack implied odds.
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mattisks

Not really. I'm not just waiting for the big hands. Or maybe you can give some example for a hand that you think I will usually fold while I'm not supposed to?

Maybe some example with TPTK or a middle pair?
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Don't play rush?

Playing normal cash games, you can get into tables where you find exploitable PEOPLE. Take a buy-in or two from them, then move on.

If the table you're at doesn't have any -- or if you are the exploitable one (and with 11/10 vpip/pfr you probably are) -- just move on. With a couple of 30/10s on my right, and a couple of 12/10s on my left, I can make a buy-in w/o even getting to showdown.

You are more or less right. By why shouldn't I play rush? I mean if you just play with the fishes you will not learn much. But in my situation I'm pretty much sure that NL25 rush or NL50 rush are the limits that I can beat. Probably in the nearest future. So when I will learn to beat these limits I will earn even more on the usual tables with the fish.

I don't play rush (tried it & didn't like it), but what improved my game a whole bunch was reading all of the material about the advanced open raising chart, and the associated post flop articles.

If I were in your position, I would drop a limit and practice to get those skills.
      you play BSS, don't you?
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mattisks

Not really. I'm not just waiting for the big hands. Or maybe you can give some example for a hand that you think I will usually fold while I'm not supposed to?

Maybe some example with TPTK or a middle pair?
      for example any two if you're BU, CO and was it folded to you. Do you play any two from there? I can see your nonshowdown winnings. Answer is NO.

So I am not even asking :s_evil:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Don't play rush?

• RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      sure I do play them. when the blinds fold more than 80% than I usually try to steal with any two. did you mean that?
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      VorpalF2F, I guess we already saw this message before :)
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      I play rush mss as well. In my opinion the one thing that I dont see enough people doing is light 3 bet re-stealing. I do this about with any two when im in the blinds and the co or bu raises. About 95% of the time if you 3 bet their blind steal you will win. And I dont play with stats. light 4 betting is also a good idea vs regs with whom you have a read on. Your red line will skyrocket.

^
      l
      l
      l
      l
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      you are joking, right? what limit do you play?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      VorpalF2F, I guess we already saw this message before :)
      too weird.
      I've no idea how it got it twice