hand reading

• portvalenath
      portvalenath
      Bronze
      just wondering the oppinions of winning PLO players as to how important hand reading is at micro stakes, up to .10/.20 levels? i cant really grasp it yet because it seems like people either buy in like 30bb and raise every pot and showdown with all sorts of junk, or the tables are full of tight guys, who still end up showing junk too ?( seems impossible to say what they are playing, a guy played 3333 the other day !?! should i just forget it and keep betting my good hands or is it important at moving up levels?!
      TY :)
  • 3 replies
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      As far as I know beating the rake longterm anywhere below nl50 can be unrealistic, although if people are playing 3333 I guess its probabely quite achievable ^^. Id probabely make sure to play somewhere where you can get a lot of effective rakeback % though as otherwise you might find you struggle and definately table select to play against the really bad players.

As far as hand reading goes, you cant get it down to any kind of specific range until you play players who actually have a clue, and in certain spots it will always be easier than in others. I think at the low stakes its probabely best to focus on understanding which hands have a lot of equity versus a wide range of hands on certain flop textures etc etc, and just bet bet bet your monsters. :)
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Of course you can put opponents on a range. Sometimes that range is wide as *****, and sometimes you can be pretty sure what the opponent has. I have done it from PLO2 and up. And if you can't beat the rake in micros, keep learning the game. :)
    • portvalenath
      portvalenath
      Bronze
      cheers guys, got to grips with it alot more now after watching more videos and stuff, trippled my starting roll and playing .5/.10 so im either a massive lucky donk or what im doing is good :D appreciate the help