This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 sh - rush - KQ oesd vs TAG

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $12.75
      SB: $25.10
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $22.41
      Hero (MP): $30.13
      CO: $11.48

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with Q:club: K:diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) T:diamond: J:diamond: 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $4, Hero requests TIME, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($9.75) Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.80, Hero looks how blue the sky is today and is awakened by the beeeep

By this equity analysis my flop call is ok :

Board: J:diamond: T:diamond: 3:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    40.37%  40.36%   0.01% { KdQc }
      MP3    59.63%  59.61%   0.01% { JJ-TT, 33, AJs, JTs, 98s, AJo, AdKd, AdQd, AdTd, Ad9d, Ad5d, Ad4d, Ad3d, Ad2d }

And I gave him all the sets which I dont think it's really the case as I expect him to 3 bet some time JJ/TT and fold sometimes 33

On the turn the Q puts me ahead of his draws and AJ.

I am thinking about what the best play is here:
      - if I think he will continue barreling his flush draws I should raise allin to get max value from those hands.
      - If I think he is shutting down with his flush draws on the turn and is inclined to c/c them his range is shifting towards sets/2pair against which I am not dong too good but still have ~ 22% equity so I guess I should fold because my draw is so face up and I can't expect to get paid when I hit ?

HE is a 23/16 a little passive player with a high WTSD but also on small sample of only 60 hands ( which are equal to 0 at rush I guess )
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      His c/r looks a lot for value, which means I would expect him to have most of the times either JT or 33. he may sometimes have there flushdraws, but that shouldn´t be too big part of his range
      Since we´re sometimes ahead, sometimes get our free showdown or improve on the river I would prefer calling turn and folding to river shove. players are generally quite passive, so you´re mostly against made hand rather than bluff or draw that you should shove turn
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

One think I'd like to mention out is that I'd do a bigger CBet here like at least $1,30+. Otherwise I'd as well Call the turn.

Best regards.