Bluffing skillz ?

  • 20 replies
    • GailneyMill
      GailneyMill
      Global
      Joined: 18.04.2011 Posts: 11
      One of the most important art to master in poker play is the art of bluffing.
      Here are some tips and tricks as to when and how you should attempt to practice this art!

      Take advantage of other player's weakness, one of the best times to bluff is when you're coming into a pot in a league position and all the other players before you have either checked or folded.
      Make it believe to other players that you may actually have a really good strong hand of cards.
      Always remember that it's much harder to bluff inexperienced players.
      Don't try to bluff to many people at one time. It is less difficult to fool one or two or three players than 10 or 12 at the table.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2010 Posts: 7,291
      Originally posted by GailneyMill
      One of the most important art to master in poker play is the art of bluffing.
      Here are some tips and tricks as to when and how you should attempt to practice this art!

      Take advantage of other player's weakness, one of the best times to bluff is when you're coming into a pot in a league position and all the other players before you have either checked or folded.
      Make it believe to other players that you may actually have a really good strong hand of cards.
      Always remember that it's much harder to bluff inexperienced players.
      Don't try to bluff to many people at one time. It is less difficult to fool one or two or three players than 10 or 12 at the table.
      I have never seen 13 handed table. And i have a question - what exactly is a "league position"?

      Anyway sick tips brohem, do you coach bluffing?
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.08.2010 Posts: 1,213
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Originally posted by GailneyMill
      One of the most important art to master in poker play is the art of bluffing.
      Here are some tips and tricks as to when and how you should attempt to practice this art!

      Take advantage of other player's weakness, one of the best times to bluff is when you're coming into a pot in a league position and all the other players before you have either checked or folded.
      Make it believe to other players that you may actually have a really good strong hand of cards.
      Always remember that it's much harder to bluff inexperienced players.
      Don't try to bluff to many people at one time. It is less difficult to fool one or two or three players than 10 or 12 at the table.
      I have never seen 13 handed table. And i have a question - what exactly is a "league position"?

      Anyway sick tips brohem, do you coach bluffing?
      we play up to 21, that's max counting off the dead cards before flop, turn and river.
      This gives more action as we rarely get hand without AA.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.12.2008 Posts: 591
      Originally posted by aceonetheriver
      show us ur skills, whats ur sickest bluff ? ( obv must be a successful one ;)

      ^u may wanna read this before u post ^
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 05.09.2010 Posts: 5,887
      my sickest bluff ever


      Cassava Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1289111
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      BB: $59.63
      UTG: $50.75
      MP: $39.25
      CO: $69.83
      Hero (BTN): $57.18
      SB: $27.89

      Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Q :heart: J :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

      Flop: ($3.50) 9 :heart: 7 :diamond: 7 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB folds
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2010 Posts: 7,291
      Holy fuck! Can you please describe your thought process? What kind of hand range did you put him on?
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 05.09.2010 Posts: 5,887
      sry I cant give away my strategy&tactics
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2011 Posts: 393
      The first and last time I played life tornament:
      I have showed only QQ AA and TT so the table was picking on my tight play.
      There was one guy who was from the casino and was semi-pro or some(just infront of me) who try to bluff me when I had the nuts and he had to fold.
      So after some time I have 23os and I 3bet from the botton SB fold and the guy on BB 6bet and every body fold next to me so I look in his eyes an push my stack in the middle.......
      In my head I am "plz call,plz call I got poket AA" :D I think that I have convinced myslef to have the nuts cuz the guy looks at me for some time and says:
      "So u got the aces" he shows me pair of queens(to show me his good read) and mucks his hand :D .LOL. 100% true story believed or not.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2010 Posts: 7,291
      Originally posted by bohemiagrove
      So after some time I have 23os and I 3bet from the botton SB fold and the guy on BB 6bet and every body fold next to me so I look in his eyes an push my stack in the middle.......

      100% true story believed or not.
      Looks like a standart hand of pokers.
      trolololololo
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Joined: 18.03.2008 Posts: 3,323
      4betting is exploitable cus u get 5bet shoved so much. Going straight for the 6bet is a great idea
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.04.2009 Posts: 1,883
      Only ihufa would dare speak about the mythical 6bet!
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.12.2008 Posts: 591
      this is not what i had in mind but coool lol
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.06.2009 Posts: 266
      Epic 6bet. Why didn't you 6bet him first?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 03.08.2009 Posts: 13,295
      Y'all guys are n00bs.

      I just open-6bet preflop.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.06.2009 Posts: 737
      [quote]Originally posted by LudiCoka
      Epic 6bet. Why didn't you 6bet him first?[/quote

      and ruin such a good story?
    • GailneyMill
      GailneyMill
      Global
      Joined: 18.04.2011 Posts: 11
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Originally posted by GailneyMill
      One of the most important art to master in poker play is the art of bluffing.
      Here are some tips and tricks as to when and how you should attempt to practice this art!

      Take advantage of other player's weakness, one of the best times to bluff is when you're coming into a pot in a league position and all the other players before you have either checked or folded.
      Make it believe to other players that you may actually have a really good strong hand of cards.
      Always remember that it's much harder to bluff inexperienced players.
      Don't try to bluff to many people at one time. It is less difficult to fool one or two or three players than 10 or 12 at the table.
      I have never seen 13 handed table. And i have a question - what exactly is a "league position"?

      Anyway sick tips brohem, do you coach bluffing?
      In this position players gain points each time they play at a venue during the season. At the end of the season players in the top 25% of the league for their venue qualify for a Seasonal Regional Final where they have the opportunity to win great prizes. A player may participate at as many venues as they wish and they will appear in the league table of each venue they play at.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2010 Posts: 7,291
      Originally posted by GailneyMill
      In this position players gain points each time they play at a venue during the season. At the end of the season players in the top 25% of the league for their venue qualify for a Seasonal Regional Final where they have the opportunity to win great prizes. A player may participate at as many venues as they wish and they will appear in the league table of each venue they play at.
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2011 Posts: 393
      ahahah I am total fish and beter I tell you guys the truth so that you can have a good laugh ! :f_love:

      For me 6bet was when the blinds are 100/200 I raise 700 (3.5xbbs)and get re-raised to 2100(10.5xbbs) but now I had to read some theory and find out that I am in error :f_love: ...
      Anyway thank you for having fun on my back ,you made me clear something that was always boring and useles to know for a fish like me. :f_p:

      I think that I am slowly becoming the forum clown.Can I eventualy change my forum name to TheForumClown?
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2011 Posts: 393
      [quote]Originally posted by Alficor1

      NOW that's a bluff !That's sick,sicker then Phil Ivey
    • 1
    • 2