[NL20-NL50] 25SH Floated and Turned Flush draw(3betpot)

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $25.35
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $34.67
      MP2:
      $30.22
      MP3 (Hero):
      $28.00
      CO:
      $55.30

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, T.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 3 folds, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6.1) A, 3, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25.

Turn: ($12.6) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7.75, BB raises to $28.42, Hero calls $14.00(All-In).

River: ($62.77) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $62.77.
      Results follow:

BB shows a pair of aces(K A).
      Hero shows a flush, queen high(7 T).

Hero wins with a flush, queen high(7 T).

This guy have been 3betting me alot of times. 14.8% 3bets over 143 hands 33/24/46/14.8
      So I decided to be tricky....
      I floated him and bet the turn since he checked....
      I am not suppose to fold as I am pot committed even i don't have the odds to call.

Please advice....
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      First I would fold this hand preflop. To counter-act his very aggro 3betting style you should start making yourself a polarised 4 bet range meaning that :
      - you will widen your value range here and everything you 4bet for value you will get it in with as well: maybe smth like TT+, AQ+
      -you will have a number of decent combos with which you will 4bet bluff him best to include hands with blockers: Ax, Kx
      So preflop I would either 4bet or fold but because of his larger 3 bet and because we don't have any blockers I would fodl.

On the flop I'm inclined to just fold also because his large 3 bet preflop looks strong and because we have no real equity in the hand except for the backdoor flush draw which is ~ 5%
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      First I would fold this hand preflop. To counter-act his very aggro 3betting style you should start making yourself a polarised 4 bet range meaning that :
      - you will widen your value range here and everything you 4bet for value you will get it in with as well: maybe smth like TT+, AQ+
      -you will have a number of decent combos with which you will 4bet bluff him best to include hands with blockers: Ax, Kx
      So preflop I would either 4bet or fold but because of his larger 3 bet and because we don't have any blockers I would fodl.

On the flop I'm inclined to just fold also because his large 3 bet preflop looks strong and because we have no real equity in the hand except for the backdoor flush draw which is ~ 5%
      +1
      T7s should be generally fold pf.
      You have enough better hands to call his 3-bet
      fold on the flop would generally be better, since you only have there backdoor flushdraw and I think he would 3-bet you a lot Ax hands and if he has there some kind of pp he would not really going to c/f turn
      Not sure that you should b/c turn. I would likely b/f to 6$ and then shove river or another option check back turn and then bet river if he checks to me third time.