This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 25SH Floated and Turned Flush draw(3betpot)

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $25.35
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $34.67
      MP2:
      $30.22
      MP3 (Hero):
      $28.00
      CO:
      $55.30

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, T.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 3 folds, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6.1) A, 3, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25.

Turn: ($12.6) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7.75, BB raises to $28.42, Hero calls $14.00(All-In).

River: ($62.77) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $62.77.
      Results follow:

BB shows a pair of aces(K A).
      Hero shows a flush, queen high(7 T).

Hero wins with a flush, queen high(7 T).

This guy have been 3betting me alot of times. 14.8% 3bets over 143 hands 33/24/46/14.8
      So I decided to be tricky....
      I floated him and bet the turn since he checked....
      I am not suppose to fold as I am pot committed even i don't have the odds to call.

Please advice....
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      First I would fold this hand preflop. To counter-act his very aggro 3betting style you should start making yourself a polarised 4 bet range meaning that :
      - you will widen your value range here and everything you 4bet for value you will get it in with as well: maybe smth like TT+, AQ+
      -you will have a number of decent combos with which you will 4bet bluff him best to include hands with blockers: Ax, Kx
      So preflop I would either 4bet or fold but because of his larger 3 bet and because we don't have any blockers I would fodl.

On the flop I'm inclined to just fold also because his large 3 bet preflop looks strong and because we have no real equity in the hand except for the backdoor flush draw which is ~ 5%
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      First I would fold this hand preflop. To counter-act his very aggro 3betting style you should start making yourself a polarised 4 bet range meaning that :
      - you will widen your value range here and everything you 4bet for value you will get it in with as well: maybe smth like TT+, AQ+
      -you will have a number of decent combos with which you will 4bet bluff him best to include hands with blockers: Ax, Kx
      So preflop I would either 4bet or fold but because of his larger 3 bet and because we don't have any blockers I would fodl.

On the flop I'm inclined to just fold also because his large 3 bet preflop looks strong and because we have no real equity in the hand except for the backdoor flush draw which is ~ 5%
      +1
      T7s should be generally fold pf.
      You have enough better hands to call his 3-bet
      fold on the flop would generally be better, since you only have there backdoor flushdraw and I think he would 3-bet you a lot Ax hands and if he has there some kind of pp he would not really going to c/f turn
      Not sure that you should b/c turn. I would likely b/f to 6$ and then shove river or another option check back turn and then bet river if he checks to me third time.