[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 A10o OOP

• jozata
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, A.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) T, J, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BU raises to $3.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.

Villain-unknown.Is pre call ok?Is it ok to donk bet/fold flop?I dont like c/c as the board is drawy and I wont know where I stand.I think that with c/r I am isolating my self vs QJ/KJ/AJ/J10 and hands with combo draws that have a lot of equity against me.
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      I think calling in the SB is bad almost always because you have the BB behind you which can easily squeeze or make a loose call because of the very good pot odds and you will get postflop with a mediocre to trashy hand between 2 opponents.

I would either 3bet or fold preflop because of the above resons.

This flop is an example of why I don't like calling this hand preflop, it just plays terrible OOP without initiative.

Personally I would c/c this board to keep his range as wide as possible and decide further on the turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Imo AT is too strong against BU raise to fold it pf, so I would either call it or fold depends how much I have been 3-betting, how often BU would fold 3-bets and if I afraid 4-betting
      I would prefer c/c once and then c/f turn.
      I have enough Jx hands that can c/c him down and I don´t expect him to 3-barrel there air too often, so most of the times I´m beat if he bets again on the turn
      Don´t like b/f, since he has there enough draws that he may raise+ he may decide just to make move, since you tend to b/f there a lot.
      So better try to keep pot small and go to showdown