This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 A10o OOP

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $25.62
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $22.75
      SB (Hero):
      $30.81

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, A.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) T, J, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BU raises to $3.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.

Villain-unknown.Is pre call ok?Is it ok to donk bet/fold flop?I dont like c/c as the board is drawy and I wont know where I stand.I think that with c/r I am isolating my self vs QJ/KJ/AJ/J10 and hands with combo draws that have a lot of equity against me.
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I think calling in the SB is bad almost always because you have the BB behind you which can easily squeeze or make a loose call because of the very good pot odds and you will get postflop with a mediocre to trashy hand between 2 opponents.

I would either 3bet or fold preflop because of the above resons.

This flop is an example of why I don't like calling this hand preflop, it just plays terrible OOP without initiative.

Personally I would c/c this board to keep his range as wide as possible and decide further on the turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Imo AT is too strong against BU raise to fold it pf, so I would either call it or fold depends how much I have been 3-betting, how often BU would fold 3-bets and if I afraid 4-betting
      I would prefer c/c once and then c/f turn.
      I have enough Jx hands that can c/c him down and I don´t expect him to 3-barrel there air too often, so most of the times I´m beat if he bets again on the turn
      Don´t like b/f, since he has there enough draws that he may raise+ he may decide just to make move, since you tend to b/f there a lot.
      So better try to keep pot small and go to showdown