trying to figure out stats and player ranges

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      hello everyone!! :P

I'm fairly new to using stats and reading players and could really use a few tips.

Just had quick session and these are some of the stats of players around me, im trying to evalute how to play each kind of player could anyone give me thier reads on these players and also maybe a little explanation of why and how they reach thier conclusions. I will add my reads to them too so you can see how I think. hands played in brackets first line on hem.
      Big thanks

Roo

45/12/23/3.2(255)= I think this guy is a fish who plays too many hands=play tight range against him? Don't try to bluff. trying to steal too many blinds reraise to blind steals?

35/3/0/0.0(89) = fish limps way too much same as above. never steals blinds so how should I play him?

21/11/29/1.5(277) tag? 3bet him for fold equity?how do I work out his range when he calls a raise?

30/9/25/0.0(54) low amount of hands but he limps too much and steals too often? = raise his limps when in position and resteal the blinds when he is cut off or button?

4/2/0/0.0(52) never 3 bet his raise!!! always steal his blinds!!!

:P
  • 4 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i dunno, they all seem fishy to me. :f_biggrin:

against fish, valuebet valuebet valuebet

(21/11 is way too passive to be a tag.)

4/2 is a nitfish. but hey its just 50 hands. maybe he was just running cold.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      i dunno, they all seem fishy to me. :f_biggrin:

against fish, valuebet valuebet valuebet

(21/11 is way too passive to be a tag.)

4/2 is a nitfish. but hey its just 50 hands. maybe he was just running cold.
      thanks pfizz :P

Am I right in thinking that if there range is say 30/4 I should be playing any range up to 20% will that be profitable in the long run?
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper

I'm fairly new to using stats and reading players and could really use a few tips.

Just had quick session and these are some of the stats of players around me, im trying to evalute how to play each kind of player could anyone give me thier reads on these players and also maybe a little explanation of why and how they reach thier conclusions. I will add my reads to them too so you can see how I think. hands played in brackets first line on hem.
      Big thanks

Roo

45/12/23/3.2(255)= I think this guy is a fish who plays too many hands=play tight range against him? Don't try to bluff. trying to steal too many blinds reraise to blind steals?

35/3/0/0.0(89) = fish limps way too much same as above. never steals blinds so how should I play him?

21/11/29/1.5(277) tag? 3bet him for fold equity?how do I work out his range when he calls a raise?

30/9/25/0.0(54) low amount of hands but he limps too much and steals too often? = raise his limps when in position and resteal the blinds when he is cut off or button?

#1 like you said sees too many hands, just let him bluff his money to you.
      #2 same as 1
      #3 typical set miner (nut peddaling)
      #4 same as 1 and 2
      #5 steal with any 2 cards and fold to his raise :D

there is a little programme called insta range2 that will show you some ranges of the players just for you to get used to it
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by peddy53
      Originally posted by roopopper

Big thanks

Roo

#1 like you said sees too many hands, just let him bluff his money to you.
      #2 same as 1
      #3 typical set miner (nut peddaling)
      #4 same as 1 and 2
      #5 steal with any 2 cards and fold to his raise :D

there is a little programme called insta range2 that will show you some ranges of the players just for you to get used to it
      Thanks peddy will check it out :P