Game Over.....Insert (another) Coin

• henessy2020
      henessy2020
      Bronze
      Hi there
      I will start here another blog, poker blog, first here on PS.com, where i will like to see my evolution in poker or to see another bust.....:D

I started to play online poker at the end of January, this year, and 'till now i managed to bust 4 BRs on 4 different platforms....on Party, WH, Betfair and Stars.....with a total amount of more than $600....and all that in just 3 months....:D

Now i will try to take it again from the top and i try to climb as high as i can, as fast as i can, and respecting BRM as much as i can...:D
      I might just bust again, who knows, but.....i will just try again....and again.....and again....untilll one day, when i will be where i want to be, and the most important, i will be able to stay there.... :f_biggrin:

I will start on 2 different platforms, with 2 different games, and 2 different styles.....and let's see what happends.....i will also try to update this at least 3 times a week, and i will try to make some money....;)

On PokerStars i will start with a BR of $15.00 and i will play SNG's and MTT's, at least for the start :D ....i will play $0.10 and $0.25 SNG's , combined with some MTT's of $2.20 max....for now i will play only $0.55 and maybe one $1.10.
      On Stars i will continue to play staked, with a different BR, MTT's with a max BI of $5.50.....but this is not part of this project, and i will not discuss here of this.....

On FullTilt i will start with a $5.00 Br and i will play SSS at NL2, for now only shallow tables, and i will try to get as high as i can with this starting Br...:D
      And because my first "love" in poker are MTT's, i will play here also some MTT's, when my BR will allow, but i think that i will play daily the $0.10 - $1000 gtd....and from time to time some Daily Dollars....

I will try to post some graph's and some hands that i think there was interesting, or just "nice".....anyone can feel free to anallyze and comment here, as long as there is on topic and there is a pertinent remarc....the others, please keep it for yourself....;)

Almost forgot.....during this time i will try to learn as much as i can, reading...watching videos....and all of that, and i will try to play a max 4 tables at a time....because i really want to learn and i dont think that i will learn smth if i play more than 6....and i want to make volume where it worth, not here at the micros....;)

OK.........'till the next time, Good Luck .....to me.... :f_biggrin: ....and to all the readers...;)

PS: If i have some mistakes in write, pls excuse them....this is not my native language....... :D
  • 8 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Your starting bankrolls are awfully small. Do you intend to reload if you go bust again?

Keep me up to date on how you're doing.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      good luck mate.

not sure about playing two different games, with two different styles on two different platforms. I would think that putting your whole role on one platform and learning one games would be much more likley to succeed.
    • henessy2020
      henessy2020
      Bronze
      @belayd: i know that there is very very small, but i played another time on FT with only 10 BI on NL2 at shallow tables, as a suggestion from one of my stakers, and with 4$ i managed to tripple in just 4 days and just ~5k hands, and i think that i can do it again, and climb in limits....:D
      it could be more simple to deposit $100 and start to grind, and if i lose them, again and again, but i think that in that way i will have more sattisfaction.....i could say , if i will succes, that i managed to make money from nothing.....and that is my objective: to start from very low....because i believe that a good player is growing slowlly....and this is what i try to do, to grow as a player.... :f_biggrin:

@evertonroar: I know that will be very hard, but i really love to play MTT's, but because the variance is very high, i will try to learn to play also SNG's, to reduce the variance......and about the cash challange on FTP, as i sayed, it was a suggestion of a staker, who told me that is very important for a poker player to play good also cash and tourneys.....because as u know, is a different game the cash game...and this is what i want to do: to learn to play cash corectlly and also to learn SNG's.......

I am very ambitios, and because someone else could do it, to start from nothing....why could i not?
      It's a must for me to succes.....if i will fail this attempt, i will try again, untill i will succes.......after that i will see how i will manage to stay there....but now is much tio early to think about that

I will keep u up to date with my atempt....;)
      And we will see what happends..... :f_biggrin:

One question: How can i set up my HoldemManager to show me the graph only for a session, or for a day?
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      yes you can. in the result/reports page, under the results filter you can filter by date (or hands)
    • henessy2020
      henessy2020
      Bronze
      i give up....it's useless....i lost so much time to find smth that i dont think that i have....:D
      i only have this option only for tournaments....for cash, i cannot find it
      maybe because of my version....i have HEM 1.10.01
    • henessy2020
      henessy2020
      Bronze
      silly me.....it was under my nose, and i couldnt see it...:) )))
      lol....i got it... :D
    • henessy2020
      henessy2020
      Bronze
      After 3 days i didnt played to much, because i preffered to read again some strategy articles and to watch some videos, becouse i have no previous online experience for cash games....and i wanted to be ready to play my A-Game when i will start....:D

But after few hundred hands at NL2 i tooked a shot at NL5 and i swing down...:) ...after that i returned to NL2 and i decided that this time to respect the BRM strictlly...and i really hope that i will manage to do that...;)

I will continue to wach videos and read articles and i will stick to the max 4 tables untill i will considder that i can step forward ...

On Stars, i played only few SNG's and 2 or 3 MTT's....for now i had no time to play more and i had no time to read some strategyes......which is more impportant for the moment.....

I will try to update this thread at least once a week, with some hands that i find interesting, with BR situation and some graph's.....

Untill now i am on minus on full tilt, but 'till the end of the week i think that i will manage to be at least break even respecting the BRM and stay at the limit that i should for now.... :f_biggrin:

Good Luck to Me....and to all of the readers of this thread....;)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Hennessy, you're probably realizing that the most important part of succeeding at poker is SELF-DISCIPLINE. That means having the discipline to keep folding junk hands until you get a good hand, the discipline to fold your pocket aces when you know you're beaten by a flush, etc...and, of course, the discipline not to move up in limits outside your bankroll just because you're doing well at a lower limit. I can completely understand your moving up to 5NL because many new players have done exactly the same thing. Discipline at poker comes naturally to a very few people who are disciplined anyway, but for most of us it's something we learn after many thousands of hands of losing. I wish you success in your journey toward learning it. And keep in mind that learning discipline can be like quitting smoking. If you find yourself doing something undisciplined again, don't be too sad, because it can take many attempts to get it right.