[NL2-NL10] NL10 Going broke with 43

• mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hello again!

UTG limps about 25-30% from late position and he has already raised my flop bet 3 times in similar spots before. He seems to have maniacal tendencies because he's been stacked twice (once by me) by this point and he's steaming. He managed ot build up but he still looks a bit tilty

The flop clearly misses his range, so I go for a raise when he suddenly raises again. A this point I don't want him to see any more cards on the board so I put him all-in.

Was this move correct considering that the guy's playing like a maniac against me or should I see the turn first?

What would you do when the board pairs on the turn? call again?

I'm folding this river to a shove here.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $30.26
      UTG2:
      $17.19

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:club: , 3:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 4:diamond: , 3:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, UTG2 raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.60, UTG2 raises to $3.78, Hero raises to $30.16 (All-In), UTG2 calls $13.31 (All-In).

Turn: ($47.50) 2:diamond:
      River: ($47.50) 5:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $47.50
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mChavez,

Flop: Even if he is a maniac I wouldn't 3bet him with just 2pairs while straights are possible and as sets. Therefore rather just Call his raise and maybe even let to continue his bluffs or whatever hands he does have.
      Turn: Depends how it pairs. :) If it would pair the same way then, I might even prefer folding against bigger bet since any PP now beats us and as well straights/FHs are possible as well. Although it depends a lot on your feeling, how do you see him.

Best regards.