[Offer] Looking to stake a small amount, after i find out a few things.

• Suurebud
      Suurebud
      Bronze
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

I was more or less curious, as to what the benefit of staking a person is, and, what were to happen if someone that u stake loses all your money. Im new to this concept, but am definetly interested in knowing more about it.Any further information would be helpful, i read the introduction and stuff, though as far as i can tell, it didnt answer these questions.
  • 5 replies
    • Suurebud
      Suurebud
      Bronze
      no one can give me any insight into this?
    • Suurebud
      Suurebud
      Bronze
      28 views... and still no one lol... good stuff.
    • Econom1sta
      Econom1sta
      Bronze
      You are posting your offer on a staking forum, for example - you can offer a stake for individual tournament with let's say $5,5 buy in. You decide for cut to be for example 70% - 30% in your favour. So if a guy you staked (stakee) wins any of prize money he gives you 70% percent and keeps for himself the rest. Also he returns stake amount to you (in this case $5,5). In order to be fair to your stakee, you may also offer extra bonus cut if your horse (stakee) reaches FT (60%-40%) or even you can put it in his favour if he wins the tournie. This is short term stake, one tournament, or 10 mtts-sng's or so, usually completed in 24-48h.
      In a longer terms, you can stake a player for example 50 runs of STT's, you can send him funds in increments like 25 BI now, 25 BI later if needed. Then cut is usually smaller for you, as he is going to play for you longer time, and if he's good you can prolongue stake deal or even increase limits. So, basically, you post the offer and then people post aplications with their stats, graphs, lifetime profits and other things you want to know. If your stakee loses "your money" then you can chose to reload and give him more chances or you can close deal. So if he loses it all, you get nothing back. Thing is to find a profitable horse, trustworthy who will honor his side of deal and make profit for both you and him.

Hope you get it now.
      Cheers.
    • Suurebud
      Suurebud
      Bronze
      Thank you, that was exactly what i needed to know.
    • mayapnd
      mayapnd
      Bronze
      I'm not really very much into staking but as far as i know you have this:
      The benefit of staking a person: If you stake somebody that is winning and makes you profit, you can gain an passive income. For example you stake someone to play tourneys, you get x% of the winnings and you make money without doing pretty much anything than risking your money. Of course, that is if the staked player wins and you get some profit.
      When you stake a player you take the risk that you will see none of the money ever again, despite of the player winning or losing all your money. That's why you should find someone you can trust. There is nothing that can happen to the person you staked if they don't return your money/profit except the fact that they gain bad reputation and don't get staked again.
      If you have a BR that allows you to stake, you could do just so and even make some passive profit! But remember there's always the risk you lose everything you staked.

Good luck!