This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 3-bet vs BU pre, c/f flop.

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $10.89
      MP3:
      $3.32
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $9.28
      SB:
      $6.65

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.05) 8, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.02, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.05.

Ok my thought prosses was:
      I chose to 3-bet pre because i believe my hands isn't strong enough to call profitably pre playing OOP. And I also believe its not weak enough to fold.

The 3-bet is meant partly for value and party as a bluff i guess, and also to take initiative in the pot. The hands that might call my 3-bet, I have pretty good eq against if i assume they call with hands like 99-JJ, AQ, AJs. Also i take the initiative and can take the pot down vs theese hands if the board cooperates. if villain 4-bet i obviosly fold.

Given his range pre i dont expect villain to fold this flop alot. Overpairs will call overcards + backdoors might call. So i decide to c/f.

Is this line to weak? And if you think so. What am i representing here? What better hands will fold? what worse will call?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi RainbowPonny

To c-bet or not depends a lot on your image. I would generally prefer c-bet that board, since players would usually not call pf hands like 56s, but rather T9s that misses that board and you very often take pot down with c-bet (especially if your image is tight)
      Also you can always use J and A cards to barrel again on the turn if you suspect he is calling light on the flop
      Is this line to weak?
      - yes and no, if you afraid you get played back or floated a lot you can always look a hand to c-bet and play for stacks
      What am i representing here?
      - overpairs, A high flushdraws that you´re going to bet/shove if he raises or at least bet again if he calls
      What better hands will fold?
      - maybe 22/44 if he only called for set value and likely a lot of times AQ-AT
      what worse will call?
      - flushdraws, some floats, 67
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply!

So essentially we're c-betting with the intention of fiering a 2nd barrel on any scare card or if we hit? Should we 2nd barrel on a spade? representing overpair + FD or a made flush?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      Thank you for your reply!

So essentially we're c-betting with the intention of fiering a 2nd barrel on any scare card or if we hit? Should we 2nd barrel on a spade? representing overpair + FD or a made flush?
      we don´t always have to fire second barrel, but I´d suggest doing that at most most cases. Since we don´t have any flushdraw don´t like betting turn if it is low spadecard
      representing overpair + FD or a made flush?
      - sure we can rep these hands, but also player would likely call his pair+draw type hands so we also then very often have to shove river and really without any equity better just to give up