$3.32
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $9.28
      SB:
      $6.65

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.05) 8, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.02, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.05.

Ok my thought prosses was:
      I chose to 3-bet pre because i believe my hands isn't strong enough to call profitably pre playing OOP. And I also believe its not weak enough to fold.

The 3-bet is meant partly for value and party as a bluff i guess, and also to take initiative in the pot. The hands that might call my 3-bet, I have pretty good eq against if i assume they call with hands like 99-JJ, AQ, AJs. Also i take the initiative and can take the pot down vs theese hands if the board cooperates. if villain 4-bet i obviosly fold.

Given his range pre i dont expect villain to fold this flop alot. Overpairs will call overcards + backdoors might call. So i decide to c/f.

Is this line to weak? And if you think so. What am i representing here? What better hands will fold? what worse will call?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi RainbowPonny

To c-bet or not depends a lot on your image. I would generally prefer c-bet that board, since players would usually not call pf hands like 56s, but rather T9s that misses that board and you very often take pot down with c-bet (especially if your image is tight)
      Also you can always use J and A cards to barrel again on the turn if you suspect he is calling light on the flop
      Is this line to weak?
      - yes and no, if you afraid you get played back or floated a lot you can always look a hand to c-bet and play for stacks
      What am i representing here?
      - overpairs, A high flushdraws that you´re going to bet/shove if he raises or at least bet again if he calls
      What better hands will fold?
      - maybe 22/44 if he only called for set value and likely a lot of times AQ-AT
      what worse will call?
      - flushdraws, some floats, 67
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply!

So essentially we're c-betting with the intention of fiering a 2nd barrel on any scare card or if we hit? Should we 2nd barrel on a spade? representing overpair + FD or a made flush?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      Thank you for your reply!

So essentially we're c-betting with the intention of fiering a 2nd barrel on any scare card or if we hit? Should we 2nd barrel on a spade? representing overpair + FD or a made flush?
      we don´t always have to fire second barrel, but I´d suggest doing that at most most cases. Since we don´t have any flushdraw don´t like betting turn if it is low spadecard
      representing overpair + FD or a made flush?
      - sure we can rep these hands, but also player would likely call his pair+draw type hands so we also then very often have to shove river and really without any equity better just to give up