This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 FR - A6s, FD

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50BB (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

MP1 ($10.90)
      MP2 ($7.85)
      MP3 ($46.00)
      CO ($30.70)
      Button ($51.80) (Hero)
      SB ($51.65)
      BB ($54.65)
      UTG+1 ($12.75)
      UTG+2 ($50.00)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A:club: , 6:club:
      1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.50, 1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks,

Flop: Q:club: , 4:spade: , 3:club: ( $2.5 )
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $4.60, 3 folds, MP2 raises All-In $7.35, Hero calls $2.75,

Is it OK to semi-bluff raise here?
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I think IP here, it might be better to call, and hope to attract some more money behind you here. Raising the turn then would have more impact.
    • wallace07
      wallace07
      Bronze
      I reckon that your semi bluff raise is too obvoious a flush draw in this spot. Villain is short stacked and his bet looks like a protection bet with TPgoodK. He wouldn't bet air in a multiway pot with his short stack.

And a shortstack with Top pair has to push the rest of his stack against your raise since your bet looks like a freecard/semibluff raise on this board.
      -->my line: --> Call flop and without improvement: check/fold on turn.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I like the semibluff - you get the pot so often...
    • wallace07
      wallace07
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      I like the semibluff - you get the pot so often...
      no offence, but I think that's too easy, just semibluffing everywhere because you "get the pot so often" is imho -ev when you are such careless about the right spots.

You're ignoring the following facts:
      - villain bets 95% for protection because he bets into an unraised multiway pot with 4 players still to act which is a strong move (very likely TP or better). It's a rather weak bet for protection with less than half the pot but I see that often from players, they just want to check out how much their made hand is worth with a minimum of investment.
      - he is shortstacked so with such a made hand, he has no other choice than pushing all-in, especially when our play smells so much like a freecard raise for a draw. He is favourite.
      - there are 3 players still to act after us (coldcalls or reraise is likely from a two pair, set, TPTK)!!

Conclusion: There is not enough fold equity to justify a semibluff in a multiway-pot with several players to act behind us, especially against a shortstack player.

But maybe I'm thinking too much about my opponents hands for this NL level and rather just should semibluff... ;)