Strategy review, advice from pros needed!

• froufroumatt
      froufroumatt
      Basic
      Ok I am just starting out, I know the rules and read a dozen of books on poker but obviously I've never played it with real money (yet).

My plan is to use the $50 starting capital (this looks too good to be true, I got fingers crossed!) and play $1+0.10, 45 players sit and go on FTP.

That way, I calculate that I can play 45 sit and go before going bust, assuming I lose them all.

Cash games don't interest me. I'm into sng and tournaments.

Is this a good plan for a starter? Anything else I can do? Is this too risky?

I want to ONLY play $1+$0.10, 45 players NLHE SNG. Nothing else.

Thanks for any review!
  • 7 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      It's not very agressive but also not that safe. variance is big in these but i assume they're also very soft. You'll probably be fine assuming you don't suck badly and do study.
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      With a $50 bankroll the 'safest' option would be to grind 0.01/0.02 cash games but if you strictly play MTTs only then you can't get much more micro than $1+0.10. Players at that level will be really bad so you'll have to dodge a minefield of bad beats. With any luck you should do fine. :)
    • froufroumatt
      froufroumatt
      Basic
      Originally posted by Andyuk18
      With a $50 bankroll the 'safest' option would be to grind 0.01/0.02 cash games but if you strictly play MTTs only then you can't get much more micro than $1+0.10. Players at that level will be really bad so you'll have to dodge a minefield of bad beats. With any luck you should do fine. :)
      Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh but I hate 1/2.... Yay! I won a pot of $0.50 after three hours of play omg omg!

I'D rather work than play 1/2 NLHE. At least with sit and go there is that "winning the sng" mentality... If you see what I mean!
    • bohemiagrove
      bohemiagrove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by froufroumatt
      Originally posted by Andyuk18
      Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh but I hate 1/2.... Yay! I won a pot of $0.50 after three hours of play omg omg!

I'D rather work than play 1/2 NLHE. At least with sit and go there is that "winning the sng" mentality... If you see what I mean!
      Hi,
      I have played 20 of those 1.10$ 45 seaters and I have(checking my notebook)
      6x1st places;7x2th;1x3th(my notebook here says RIGGED)and obviosly 6 out of the money.I was runnng hot I guess cuz accoring to my handnotes I was on 17 final tables.
      What I did was reading the articles on sng strategy and playn TAG tryn to not put myslef in tuff spots cuz my skills are pretty low.I think that this sng's are really soft and with a lot of patience and ofc luck(to win the coin flips or hit some sets :f_love: )you can make some moneys....
      I was playn alot of super turbo sng's when I had good days and that made me alot of money played all super turbo NLHE Fullring from 1$ to 20$ and one day I even won 10x5+50$ in a roll just sick....After that I lost like 5x20$ once and stopped them for ever :f_p: .
      If you like to give a try on the ST NHLE 1+10$ sng's my advice is to play the format(You can fold AK in 3way pot- no problem)to get in the first 3 for the moneys.My notebook says I have won 140$ only from 1+10$ so I guess I know how to play them:D .
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      check out the mtt and sng strategy articles about bankroll management and stick with what they advise. :P

Roo
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      used to play 45 man 1,10 on pokerstars .... 4 tabling
      after i stopped playing cash games, made it from 6 dollars to 200
      yeah its kinda easy
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by froufroumatt
      Is this a good plan for a starter? Anything else I can do? Is this too risky?
      I would not attempt this until you can get at least 70-80% consistently on an ICM trainer. The 45-mans on Tilt only pay out 6 spots and 5th and 6th places are not going to keep you afloat. It is very important that you make lots of final tables and make the best of your final table.

Due to the structure you are going to need to know your push-fold game extremely well. However, once you know that the games are soft as hell. They pretty much play themselves.