UTG ($5.48)
      UTG+1 ($5.60)
      UTG+2 ($6.39)
      MP1 ($9.39)
      Hero ($4)
      CO ($6)
      BTN ($4.15)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) 2:spade: 7:diamond: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.35

TURN ($2.10) 2:spade: 7:diamond: J:heart: 8:heart:

SB bets $2.10, Hero folds

SB wins $1.96

I think people like to check/minraise on the Flop as bluff because it has to be success less than 45%. For the hand above, Villain invest $0.70 on the Flop to win $1.05 that is the bluff has to work at least 40% to be profitable.
      So, how can I react to the c/mr?
      Villain is unknowns with 43/14 (7 hands)

• 5 replies
    • BadeaCelRau
      Sample is small but villain looks fishy. Against him TPTK is the nuts imo,
      Where I'm playing (Party) minraise is just top pair, nothing more.
    • mineriva
      Your stats tells us that villian has in the last 7 hands raised 1 hand and called 2 hands. The only info there is that Villian will open raise a good hand and that he prefers calling. That is it.

Now he calls the SB. IMHO he does not mind the BB also calling therefore I would exclude big PP. Because He likes to call we cannot exclude much els.

I put him on:

99-22, Ax, 56s+, Suited Broadway.

The flop does not help him much. It is as dry as that drink Gerv loves so much before playing on sundays.

The only hands I think he has is:
      1) Set ( 22, 77)
      2) Top pair (TJs or JQs)
      3) Air.

We dont know how he plays the flop.

If we had stats and knew he was very aggro (ie. c/r flop >21%) then I would call with the idea of getting him to bluff off his stack. If this was the first time ever we saw him c/r the flop then I would fold.

With no info I dont think we can fold.

We can raise to take it down or fold to a shove. I dont particularly like this line because it really turn our hand into a bluff.

We can call an re-evaluate the turn. This is what we did. The point is that many Top Pair c/r will go c/c or donk small on the turn. We can get nice value from these hands. Problem is that a PSB on the turn means : (i) monster hand, (ii) super agro bluff.

All things considered I believe I would play the hand the same
    • Gerv
      This hand doesn't need a complex analysis:
      22/77 are sometimes slowplaying so add that to that hitting sets is abit difficult I just bet/call Flop and call shove $3 on the Turn (He is ''committed'' with any pair)

Best regards,
    • JHTAN
      ty mineriva for your complex analysis :D

Yes, Gerv. From your recently hand evaluations, you look like a big fan of bet/call dry Flop with TPTK.
      But the new MSS, tell us to fold it.
      When you will consider to fold the TPTK?
      I mean from you recently hand evaluations, you seem never fold it.
      I am sorry, if I am rude to you. :)

• Gerv
      When villain only check/raises you with better hands, you obviously fold TPTK, this player check/raises with a lot of hands you have beat atm