Bss losing half my stack

• 9 replies
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Your stack dictates the style you play, ss, ms and bs strategies are optimized for the respective stacks.

On the other hand why wouldn't you want to reload? ?(
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      You should move down to a limit that matches your bankroll and personal risk aversion.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I think that you should either play BSS, MSS or SSS if you dont wanna reload then you should only play MSS or SSS and if you wanna play BSS, then you should reload.
    • ChilliCracksIt
      ChilliCracksIt
      Bronze
      I thought that I would try to build a bankroll on PKR. But it turns out that the site is a nightmare to Multi table. So I decided to use the cash to try and work out a complete strategy when I play live. Cos I usually just have 1 buy in when I play live.

But while i'm here. Just wondering does everyone top up there stack every time it goes below the buy in or do they wait till half or what?
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      As long as the currency of the table is the same as the account currency you should pretty much always top up if you have an edge and if you dont then leave and find a better table. (unless youre playing just to try and improve vs tough opponents or something). If the currency is different (like on i-poker) then I top up at around 80bb to avoid getting screwed by conversion fees/round-ups too much. But yeah of course its fine to continue playing with 50bb pr 20bb or whatever as long as you change to mss/sss and have a good understanding of these strategies aswell. But for a begginer this will take a lot more learning, so its usually better to get good at one of them first.

A (probabely quite big at higher stakes) advantage of doing this is that your stats arent accurate anymore for other players since you are playing a combination of three different styles in the long run.
    • ChilliCracksIt
      ChilliCracksIt
      Bronze
      If it is true that you mess up peoples stats on you then it sounds like it could be worth while.

Any edge in a big stakes game should be a good edge.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      If you have an edge on your opponents then you should be topping up live too.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Why are you playing live with only 1 buy in? You should have enough on you to top up and rebuy if necessary. Do you play with proper BRM in your live games? You should keep a separate account for your bankroll.

Good luck
    • ChilliCracksIt
      ChilliCracksIt
      Bronze
      Well just play live for fun really so don't need proper BRM. But since fulltilt has frozen my withdrawls. I'm thinking maybe it is time to move my entire bankroll to live games.

Which sucks cos I prefer online most times.