Unreal downswing. Should I keep playing?

• jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      So I decided to start playing again on Full Tilt because of the Take 2 promo. Then I stopped playing after "Black Friday". Then Full Tilt gave me a bonus of $300 + 3 x $20 tickets. I decided even though I haven't been able to withdraw, this bonus is too good to pass up. I started playing Rush Poker to quickly clear the bonus. I'm running so bad right now I seriously think I might bust before I come even close to clearing half this bonus. I moved down from NL10 to NL5 to gain a bigger edge but it's not enough. I'm getting run over by variance right now. My bankroll on FT now stands at just over $500, I'm trying to decide if I should quit now and cut my losses. Wait till I can cash out and move my roll to one of the other sites I play on. Or should I keep chasing this bonus and risk my roll. I've been on downswings before but never this steep. I'm losing at -37bb/100 hands. Any opinions or advice appreciated.

Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyquest
      I started playing Rush Poker to quickly clear the bonus.
      This is a leak.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hey Tokyo. I'm not sure I know what you mean. I've been a regular player of Rush poker since shortly after it launched. I recently have been playing on Stars and Party but returned to Rush for bonuses. I have been a winning player over a 300k+ hand sample at NL10 and NL25. Has Rush Poker evolved that much during my absence? What's your advice, stick to what I've been playing more currently? Your opinion would mean a great deal to me.

Thanks
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      It's a mindset thing. "Play poker to quickly clear a bonus" is not a good mindset.

Play your normal game at your normal speed and let the bonus take care of itself. When you have bad beats take a break for as long as necessary. For some reason your desire to clear the bonus quickly is messing with your normal A game.

I am kind of going through the same thing right now. I have a $100 bonus on FTP but the most I can clear without changing up my game and limits is the first $10. So instead of making the entire bonus my goal I am focusing on just the first release. Maybe if I get on a sick heater at the tables I'll push a bit to get the next release too.

(I have no ability to beat Rush anymore so I can't really comment on that specifically. If you were beating it over 300k hands then I have no doubt you can continue to beat it today.)
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I see. I never really thought about what exactly I was doing. Basically I've put all my goals on hold, changed games, changed limits and became obsessed with a bonus. I've done this way too many times, I'm going to return to my regular game and just try to keep building my bankroll. If I clear some of the bonus then it's just that, a bonus.

Thanks
    • mallikarim
      mallikarim
      Bronze
      Not worth it for a bonus.Keep playing YOUR game and if you cant clear all the bonus, such is life.I have 20$ bonus and i play micro-stakes, so imagine the horror.8+ tabling helps, but it's still a griiiind.
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      When i first deposited i got a 300$ deposit bonus. At the end i cleared 40$ of it. But my bankroll doubled because i played the game im good at it. Dont 8 table if your just after the bonus, rather play your game and you will get more profit from winnings than you will ever get from bonuses.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies. I feel much better returning to my regular games, and I'm running break even since. I'm going to try and just release the first one or two $20 prices of the bonus and the first Rush ticket. I'm unable to review my Rush sessions because I'm using Elephant. I feel like my nit style for Rush that used to get me 1-1.5 bb/100 doesn't work anymore. I feel like I was being exploited and tilting. Hopefully I can use the rush ticket to get back in form.

Thanks