Learning b4 Earning - EmmaDauwe

• EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Hi,

a ''short" introduction of myself:D :
      I'm studying at GroupT Engineering school. Electromechanics.
      I'm a player from the Dutch community for about a year now. Playing SH until NLHE 25. BR was 900 at top, switched to Ipoker & Ongame, lost 2/3 of BR.
      First I was fooling arround, then I begane to study and created a study blog and a normal blog. In november I won thread of the month and strategy thread of the month. Things were going very well. But then something happened.

At the first day of school (this isn't going chronologic, hmmz? Memory is letting me down) someone knocked my tooth right out.
      I went to the police, hospital, sat there for ages to hear that there was no dentist in the hospital. Went to another hospital, had the worst pain of my life, pushing another tooth back in.
      Couldn't put back the one that was knocked out. Had lots of dentist visits/advice.
      Got a surgery(got some bone from cheeck and placed underneath the empty gap, to turn in a srcew for an implant.) Have to heal for 3 months, then having the implant, healing for 4 months and get the false tooth onto the implant.
      So by the end of the year I got it all back. :f_biggrin:

For the justice part: I got a lawyer hired, but the case is going to be judged in 1to2 years I guess. So I have to pay it all by meself for now.

So it was a rough year and I realised that I had to work harder for school. Poker was sipping way to much time. Hence I decided to withdraw my money for about 2 months.
      So I'm going to spent my time studying for school and studying strategy.

Goals:
      :spade: watch move it up to the sky with TwiceT
      :heart: finish and re-read Ryan Fee's strategy guide
      :diamond: Analyse hands and give opinions
      :club: finding someone where I can analyse hands with(not producing hands by myself)

Primary goal:
      Crush exams (hardest one)

Done so far:
      half way Ryan Fee's
      Watched and made notes on TwiceT vid(soon online)
      Analyse some hands in dutch community, English soon

Found the PERFECT woman, it's not going to get any better. :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • 54 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by EmmaDauwe
      In november I won thread of the month and strategy thread of the month.[/QUOTE] :] Congrats

At the first day of school (this isn't going chronologic, hmmz? Memory is letting me down) someone knocked my tooth right out.
      I went to the police, hospital, sat there for ages to hear that there was no dentist in the hospital. Went to another hospital, had the worst pain of my life, pushing another tooth back in.
      Couldn't put back the one that was knocked out. Had lots of dentist visits/advice.
      Got a surgery(got some bone from cheeck and placed underneath the empty gap, to turn in a srcew for an implant.) Have to heal for 3 months, then having the implant, healing for 4 months and get the false tooth onto the implant.
      :f_cry: just reading it was painful! I hope the healing process is getting better now.

Wish you good luck for the next 2 months (studying and reaching your goals to continue playing poker).

Ingrid
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      so sorry thought you were a girl (from your nick emma) and when you said your tooth got knocked out, it was such a facepalm moment.

hmmm but it seems like you're a guy. even so, sounds brutal. good luck with healing.

im up for studying hands. but you know, there's a lot in the hand eval forum as well.

gl
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      It was kinda brutal yes. Watched away, watched back at te guy, he saw his friends coming. BAM. Couldn't defend myself or anything. I was a thaiboxer for 2 years though X(
      Conclusion, knock someone down when he's not looking. :s_rolleyes:

Indeed the judging section, but I also like to watch with someone. That's more difficult, because there you can see the action and you don't have that much time.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmmaDauwe
      Conclusion, knock someone down when he's not looking. :s_rolleyes:
      :D
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Lots of mysery today at school. Building a Solar supported vehicle (small one). Meetings with the coach that were rescheduled.
      So I watched 2monts 2 million again. Such a motivation. :)
      Still looking for the show, that is quite similar. Online pokerplayers in a hotel in Las Vegas. Anyone knows it?

At the moment studying for a test of electromechanical engineering. Its quite a lot, so tomorrow I will be studying all day. After that I will go to the gym for some spinning.

One hour to study and then I will get a reward. Watching the second vid of TwiceT and make notes.
      Analysed some hands also and watched a short video on deucescracked.
      Signed myself in, free. But it seems, that you can't do much with your free account. Are there full movies available?

Gtg

Emma

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Emma,

Great to see you have the time (between your busy schedule it seems) to post in our community and start a blog.
      I will most definitely keep an eye on it :s_cool:

Sorry to hear about your teeth. I actually got punched in the club on the weekend for no reason at all so I feel your sympathy.

BTW, that girl can get a little better. She should go blonde...
      I'm a sucker for blondes hehe.

Goodluck with your journey. If you have any questions feel free to post bout NL SH cause that's my main game :)

EDIT: I'm a little jealous of that kid w/ 50cent. I'm a big fan.

^^favorite even though the game and 50cent are not the best of friend no more.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Nice song!
      She's the only girl that doesn't have to go blond!

Yesterday I sat in the library from 8.30h till 16.00h to study for my test. After that I went spinning at the gym. But ofcourse my locker blocked itself and I couldn't open it. So we had to force it, awesome :]

Today I heard that we don't have a test, which is good ofcourse.
      I decided to reward myself by playing a bit poker!
      It was a good session, I was very concentrated. But still looked too much at my graph. Should work on this.
      There was also a reload bonus that I wanted. But then this happened...

Sent: 2011/04/28 13:03:31
      >> To: support@pokerstars.eu
      >> Subject: SCOOP bonus

>> >Message:
      >> >
      >> >Dear,
      >> >
      >> >I just deposited 200ish$, but there was no box to fill in the SCOOP.
      >> >So I didn't get it.
      >> >My nickname: emmadauwe
      >> >
      >> >
      >> >Kind regards
      >> >
      >> >Willem
      >> >
      >> >

respond

Hello Willem,
      >>
      >> Thank you for your interest in taking part in the 'SCOOP 2011' promotion.
      >>
      >> Please note that this promotion is running from April 20th until May 8th. In reviewing your account, we are able to confirm that you made a cashout on 4/25/2011 at 6:24:49 AM (ET).
      >>
      >> If you cash out during a bonus period but before making a qualifying deposit, you become ineligible for that bonus. Also when you request a cashout during the bonus period, you receive a pop-up warning. We cannot make any exceptions to this rule.
      >>
      >> Any pending bonuses you may have will not be affected.
      >>
      >> We are very sorry that you missed out on this bonus; however, please bear in mind that you can qualify to the SCOOP 2011 main events by participating in our satellites running daily from April 17th to May 22nd.
      >>
      >> The 'SCOOP 2011' main event tournaments will be running from May 8th until May 22nd, 2011. This year’s series includes 38 events and a massive guaranteed prize pool of $25,000,000.
      >>
      >> For more detailed information on about the SCOOP 2011, please visit:
      >>
      >> http://www.pokerstars.eu/scoop/
      >>
      >> Please let us know if you have any further questions, and best of luck in the SCOOP 2011 events!
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >>
      >> Irene
      >> PokerStars Support Team

So I responded

Sent: 2011/04/28 13:30:59
      To: support@pokerstars.eu
      Subject: RE: PokerStars Support - SCOOP Reload Bonus

>
      >Dear,
      >
      >then I find this very misleading.
      >We notice that after the events of the past week you decided to cash out from your PokerStars bankroll. Now, thanks to our new 50% up to $200 SCOOP Reload Bonus*, there’s never been a better time to get back in the game!
      >
      >Willem

And again

Hello Willem,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars regarding your bonus inquiry.

We are very sorry for the misleading information regarding this promotion. Because of that we have examined the case and have manually applied the 'SCOOP Reload Bonus' to your account.

To earn this bonus, you will need to collect a certain number of VIP Player Points (VPPs) before May 31st. You will receive your bonus in $10 increments for every 200 VPPs (VIP Player Points) you earn. You will see multiple $10 credits in your transaction history in the Cashier.

Regards,

Daniel V.
      PokerStars Support Team
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.93)
      BB ($2.14)
      UTG ($4.39)
      Hero ($5)
      CO ($3.27)
      BTN ($5.49)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.67) Q:diamond: J:diamond: K:spade:

Hero bets $0.64, CO calls $0.64, BTN raises to $2, Hero raises to $3.65, CO folds, BTN raises to $5.29 (AI), Hero calls $1.15 (AI)

TURN ($10.91) Q:diamond: J:diamond: K:spade: J:spade:

RIVER ($10.91) Q:diamond: J:diamond: K:spade: J:spade: 5:diamond:
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      My first graph after my re-birth. :D
      Quite happy about my play, besides I made some bad spews in the beginning without FE.
      This is NL5, below my limit. But who cares. I'm learning BEFORE earning.
      Have you met the new me?

• elderwon
      elderwon
      Bronze
      Lol Emma,

Well done, PS-support - EmmaD: 0-1 :D
      A fair move of PS.

Gonna follow this blog too.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Emma is not Emma otherwise I would have spammed this blog for obvious reasons :f_biggrin:
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      :D You perv. LOL Gerv the Perv! :f_cool: First time some1 said that?

First week of study and bonuswhoring. Also some NL10 now at the last 2-3k hands

EDIT: Reached the 1000BB's at NL10 again. Awesome. Gives a lot of confidence.
      About 15BB/100.
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Back at my room in Leuven. Played some poker again to clear the SCOOP bonus.
      Didn't start very well, but atm I'm Pwning the tables.

:spade: Today is the day I had a 5BI stack. :f_cool: First timer. Pretty proud of it.
      :heart: Today was also the day I had a str8 flush.
      :diamond: Today was the day I won 10BI over 1500hands 3times edited, keeps coming
      :club: Gonna post my notes this week of Twice T videos. Also a lot of studying this week I guess.

• Melkienn
      Melkienn
      Bronze
      Hey! Hope you had a nice recovery :) !

Btw, I am very interested:

" finding someone where I can analyse hands with(not producing hands by myself)
      "

Been looking for that myself. We could discuss them in case you're interested. My MSN is javi.sasse@gmail.com. Otherwise, we can use Skype or others if you prefer!
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Hey Melkien,

I prefer skype. Emmadauwe.

Hand against :f_confused: , I loll'ed very hard. :D :D

NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($5.64)
      UTG ($4.10)
      Hero ($14)
      CO ($13.18)
      BTN ($10.46)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.45) 8:club: 4:club: 9:club:

BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

TURN ($1.65) 8:club: 4:club: 9:club: K:club:

BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.50

RIVER ($2.85) 8:club: 4:club: 9:club: K:club: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $10.90, BB calls $4.24 (AI)

BB shows J:spade: J:heart:
      (Pre 56%, Flop 49.1%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows Q:club: A:heart:
      (Pre 44%, Flop 50.9%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $10.77
    • Melkienn
      Melkienn
      Bronze
      Wow, why would anyone go all in with a completely monotone board, I'm still amazed lol. Super Fish.

Anyway, cool Emm I will add ya as soon as possible. I have some partial exams, I'm finishing them on Wednesday so would be cool if we can arrange for after that!
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Aight.

Keep 'm coming. It's going to be a ultramonsterkillingowning session of my live. Never had this b4? Never b4 learning. Now we should start earning.
      It's going to be a very sexy graph and maybe a 1000BB session:D
      Still concentrated, playing for 4 hours str8.

NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Poker Stars
      Hero ($18.21)
      BB ($10.78)
      UTG ($4.63)
      UTG+1 ($20.41)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($12.99)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($1) 3:spade: 4:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.30, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, UTG calls $0.30

TURN ($2.80) 3:spade: 4:diamond: 9:heart: K:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.40, BTN raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, UTG raises to $3.73 (AI), BTN calls $2.93, Hero raises to $10.40, BTN calls $6.67

RIVER ($27.33) 3:spade: 4:diamond: 9:heart: K:club: T:diamond:

Hero bets $1.90, BTN calls $1.69 (AI)

Hero shows 9:diamond: 9:spade:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 98.0%, Turn 100.0%)

UTG shows K:heart: J:club:
      (Pre 38%, Flop 1.8%, Turn 0.0%)

BTN shows 4:club: 3:club:
      (Pre 20%, Flop 0.2%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero wins $29.25
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze