Hero (MP+1): $2.76
      LP: $4.73
      CO: $2.58
      BTN: $2.18
      SB: $2.07
      BB: $0.75

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:spade: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.09, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.24, 2 players) Q:diamond: 3:diamond: J:diamond:
      SB bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.60, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20

River: ($1.00, 2 players) 7:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

The limper is a complete fish so nothing there.

The blind is fishy, plays loose for fr (23/19). But what drew my attention as well is he donkbet from blinds like 2/3 of the hands he called. I couldn't quite note with what though, but I've seen him donkbetting both sets (potsize) and flush draws (1/2 pot).

OTF, I thought villain would never need to lead a flush like that, so I called with top pair to re-evaluate turn. I put him on As so bet draw, a pair made into bluff since he donkbet most flops anyway, or something like that.

OTT, then it didn't make sense at all for him to check. Then I thought he didn't have the diamond or was trapping - but the trap didn't make sense as if he had the As he wouldn't want me to check behind. So I decided to take my stab. The stab was to small I know, but I thought if he didn't have a diamond he would fold to any bet, if he did have it he would call a big bet anyway or raise. So I didn't feel the need to bet big, but maybe I should have gone to 1/2 or 2/3.

River... river is a brick and he checks again. Then I put him on a medium diamond, but this didn't fit the whole story from the flop. Even JT wouldn't make sense to bet OESD on that flop, maybe QxKd, QxTd, those kind of combos, but only the first one would make sense to call pre-flop (I think). Maybe TT with a diamond, etc.

But I didn't stab again as figured if he called turn he was on call down mode and wouldn't fold at all. A big bluff seemed stupid, and ridicule as could be, but I had some showdown value, so checked behind.

I thought it was an interesting hand, where could I improve?

Cheers!
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

He likely can have a lot of pair+FD card in his hand on flop. And therefore if he is rather passive and doesn't really bet at all. Then I would basically just Check behind on turn and be happy to see the showdown. He wont Call with a lot worse hands anyways on turn. But if you want to Bet then I would do it like $0,40, he might fold some hand, although I wont be that sure since he is a fish.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

He likely can have a lot of pair+FD card in his hand on flop. And therefore if he is rather passive and doesn't really bet at all. Then I would basically just Check behind on turn and be happy to see the showdown. He wont Call with a lot worse hands anyways on turn. But if you want to Bet then I would do it like $0,40, he might fold some hand, although I wont be that sure since he is a fish.

Best regards.
      Well, in fact I didn't expect him to call with worse but to fold better, like two pair or even set kind of hand...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, in fact I didn't expect him to call with worse but to fold better, like two pair or even set kind of hand...

The thing is that there aren't many sets, unless he is really that nitty and just Calls with JJ/QQ. And as well with sets I expect him to Check/Raise more often. But yes, likely worth trying but definitely you wont make him fold with such a small bet.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

The thing is that there aren't many sets, unless he is really that nitty and just Calls with JJ/QQ. And as well with sets I expect him to Check/Raise more often. But yes, likely worth trying but definitely you wont make him fold with such a small bet.
      Yup. But I always think it also doesn't make much sense to bet big as I'd probably not bet too big OTT if I had a good diamond.

He showed 33.