Hello from Ireland where we drink green beer.

• jasny69
      jasny69
      Bronze
      Hi,

To start of. My name is Robert, and I'm a Software Engineer (I design software systems and algorythms) I play poker about 6 months now, started with obvious websites Ongame (which is IMO crap), then I moved to FTP which is great. I deposited €100 and started to play without any knowledge of BRM. The results were pretty obvious. Althought I managed to breakeven.

Lots changed in my game since I started to read Harrington, his knowledge which is now my knowledge too, improved my game and made me less loose player, but still aggressive when appropriate.

I got my $50 deposited to PartyPoker which sucks balls, when it comes to SNGs' which are my arena now. I regret trully this decision, but there's nothing I can do so I sucked in and started to play microstakes.

At this stage I can tell that thanks to Poker Strategy materials I definitely improved my game. I play 1$ SNGs' on FTP and started to have +$EV and ROI of 3% which is quite improvement for me.

My main goal is to achieve level where I can generate €50 per day in two hours (25$ per hour). I aim to achieve this in April 2012.

Right now I'm looking for an advice on how to improve my game mainly through analizing my hands, but it didn't quite occour to me how to do it, and the vidoe about this is available from Silver.

So if you managed to read up to here

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ANALYZE HANDS USING HEM or something else PLEASE TELL ME. THANK YOU

I spend quite a lot of time on poker, my colleague told me I'm addicted but the true is that I have a plenty of determination if I set goal to myself which makes sense. Making $50 per day in two hours every day makes sense to me.
  • 23 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Jasny69,

I'm actually 1/4 Irish and have probably the most Irish name you could think of. Patrick Brendan Leonard. So great to have you on board.

Great to see you have finally taken the step to really improve and enhance your game and I;m sure PS is the place for you.

As far as HEM goes. Have you got the free 15 day trial? Or bought the full version? Once you confirm I can start talking you around the software, where to look/what to look at etc.

Thanks
      Patrick

p.s Very random, but have you ever seen the film War Of The Buttons? Absolutely amazing film and one of my all time favourites.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Robert,

Big Welcome to our community!

In addition to pleno1's post, PokerStrategy.com Elephant is for free to all members, download it and give it a try.

Or HEM for 15 days trial here! =)

I spend quite a lot of time on poker, my colleague told me I'm addicted but the true is that I have a plenty of determination if I set goal to myself which makes sense. Making $50 per day in two hours every day makes sense to me.
      right attitude to succeed! :s_cool:

Don't be shy, keep the questions coming.

Ingrid
    • Airrr83
      Airrr83
      Bronze
      Hey,

Welcome and good luck on the tables

Best Regards Plami :f_p:
    • jasny69
      jasny69
      Bronze
      Thank you for the warm welcome.

I have full version of HEM, as to Elephant it doesn't work on my computer and I didn't have time yet look into it.

As to war of the buttons didn't see it yet. WOW! Started to look on the PS Videoes but it seems it's something else... Pat is this the movie? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111666/ it seems like it..

PS. I said hello from Ireland because I live here for over 6 years now but I'm not native Irish.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hahaha :)

Sorry Jasny69, yeah it is a famous Irish Movie rather than a strategy video.

Er, sorry about that! Epic film though so you really should watch :)
    • jasny69
      jasny69
      Bronze
      Thx pleno maybe I will watch one Sunday's afternoon.

But before that, would it be still ok to tell me someting about improving the game through HEM and all the numbers there? I'm curious what do those mean?
    • Suurebud
      Suurebud
      Bronze
      Im also pretty lost when it comes to HEM, tho it seems as soon as i downloaded it i started a downswing lol.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      HEM can be really useful.

First thing you've gotta do is set it up to recognize you.

When ya open up HEM, go to options, player aliases. Then in there add your alias, for whichever platform. Then on the main part, "import" click "click here to add auto import folders". Find the folder where your hand histories are saved, for full tilt it will be something like c-prog files- full tilt poker-handhistory.

Then click auto import and it should import them into HEM. If you play cash games, click the cash games reports, and you should see some stats there. If you play sng's, click the tourny part.

Also, when you go to play, click start auto import, and you'll get a hud come up on your screens. You can customize this in settings, hud options.

Hope that helps, and GL on the tables
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      @Jim4rdo, thank you for the great help! :f_grin:

If there are technical questions regarding HEM, please visit our Poker Software board where you can get help as well!

Ingrid
    • jasny69
      jasny69
      Bronze
      I've got the basic set, which means HEM is giving me all the statistics.

What I don't know is what they statistics mean, well I know %VPIP and PFR, also %FoldTo3bet makes sense.

But what about the rest?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Will give a post this evening with what is what buddy.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      I was gonna, but seeing pleno's post, i'll give him the honour ^^
    • Suurebud
      Suurebud
      Bronze
      Yeah im havin the same issue, i dont know what half of the acronyms mean. I look forward to seeing this post. lol.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      welcome and I thought you guys drank black beer :P

Roo
    • jasny69
      jasny69
      Bronze
      Green one is Patrick's day special :P
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey sorry about not posting last night I had one too many green beers.

Basically the three main parts you should use are:

1) Reports - In here we can start looking at different stats, breaking down each position, you can see which position you are losing most money from (It is usually the big blind) and you can see how you do in different pots. For example you may be losing alot playing in 4bet pots. So from then we can filter all hands from 4bet pots (in the hands section) and we can check if you are playing too aggro or too passive and then adjust and change your style in 4bet pots.

2) Sessions - Had a really bad session? You can click in this section and filter all hands that were over 50bbs and see wher eyou were leaking/spewing moniez.

3) Graphs - Although maybe not important for your long term pl;ayer development seeing how you are progressing is obviously good and can post some brags in the thread after you have dealt with points 1) and 2)! Also an important thing you can see is if you win money in showdown or non showdown pots, most people really struggle to manage their "red line" effectively, and if you are having the same problems I can give you some hints/tips and guide you to a few training videos.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Just realised - I've noticed i'm losing money from CO @ NL2/5.

My VPIP is higher than early/middle, but less than bu. Isn't that about right anyway, since mostly the opening range will be very similar? Maybe it's just unlucky hands on the CO, but surely my CO should be an easy one to keep in profit?

Also pleno, I think they wanted to also know what VP$IP, PFR, etc were. The main ones
    • jasny69
      jasny69
      Bronze
      Thx pleno1, I already staeted to impove my game, I found out for example that I was loosing lots of money on the CO, just right after BB.. I started to look at the hands which lost me most money and I found out how horrible play and stupid mistakes I've made. So thx for that.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Just realised - I've noticed i'm losing money from CO @ NL2/5.

Yeah that is concerning, what is your vpip/3bet % from the cut off? Maybe you got to get more aggro?