Question from a newbie

• MFUkebber
      MFUkebber
      Bronze
      What programs do you guys have running while playing poker. Is there a player tracking software so you can see who you're up against, an odds calculator etc...and where to find this would be useful. Thanks :)
  • 5 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Most players use a heads-up display (HUD). There's one that comes with PokerTracker 3 and one that comes with Holdem Manager (HEM). Both are commercial software but available on free trial. You can also purchase them at a discount through the PokerStrategy store. For the trial just google them.
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Just to add to what Belayd said, make sure your Poker Room accepts the software - for example, any room on the Cake Network doesn't allow any software.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Most players use a heads-up display (HUD). There's one that comes with PokerTracker 3 and one that comes with Holdem Manager (HEM). Both are commercial software but available on free trial. You can also purchase them at a discount through the PokerStrategy store. For the trial just google them.
      Ooops belayd, I am going to sneak in here a little ;)

or PokerStrategy.com Elephant which is free to all our members.

as belayd mentioned it, for the rest you can purchase it here.

Ingrid
    • MFUkebber
      MFUkebber
      Bronze
      Thanks much for the info guys, appreciated :) My poker game is horrible and just taking things one step at a time to become a solid player.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MFUkebber
      Thanks much for the info guys, appreciated :) My poker game is horrible and just taking things one step at a time to become a solid player.
      No problem MFUkebber, keep the questions coming ~ don't be shy! =)

Ingrid