Clearing bonuses?

• 16 replies
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Yea rush is pretty awesome for bonus clearing. Do what I'm doing, just grind regular cash games and if you still haven't cleared all your bonus with only a couple of days left grind rush.
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      How fast is it though I have never tried rush?? Also can you multi table rush?
    • NakiMan
      NakiMan
      Bronze
      Max 4 tables at one level.

NL10 4 tables 100FTP an hour approx.

GL
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Wow that's freaking sick I was grinding nl2 cash games for the last few days guess I can just relax till the last week.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      RUSH is also very swingy and a very fast way of going broke if you play above your BRM.
    • QubaBuba
      QubaBuba
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      RUSH is also very swingy and a very fast way of going broke if you play above your BRM.
      Why do you think that? 1 rush table might be like 4 normal cash game tables. Do you think playing 4 rush tables is more swingy than playing 16 cash games at one time?

I don't disagree with you, I'm just trying to figure out why.
    • Wampa76
      Wampa76
      Bronze
      Originally posted by QubaBuba
      Why do you think that? 1 rush table might be like 4 normal cash game tables. Do you think playing 4 rush tables is more swingy than playing 16 cash games at one time?

I agree with you. I played last month every day 4 tables NL2 MSS 2 hour during Happy hour. I gain 13 FT points and loss every time 1 dollar. Today I played 1 table Rush NL5 1 hour and gain 15 points and lose 1 dollar. I think to clear bonus it is best way.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NakiMan
      Max 4 tables at one level.

NL10 4 tables 100FTP an hour approx.

GL
      That can't be right... Well i usually 12 table a lot, and on NL10 that usually gets me about 100-120 FTP/h
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by QubaBuba

1) You don't have (probably) stats on your opponents. Meaning that you cannot adjust your strategy depending on opp much, e.g. stealing and re-stealing becomes a gamble. Also, you cant adjust to particular villain at particular spot. Since you might see the same person every 30-40 hands, but he will pop-up all around you.

2) Due to speed-mentality, you will likely see more pre-flop AI's, which means taking more flips, which means more swings.
      Example: you have action on 2 tables and receive AK on third, there is some action and you suddenly have to call 20x BB. Time is almost out so you just shove it. Your ops will frequently be in the same situation.

3) If you were running bad in ring games it would take longer to lose the same amount of money, as you would wait out or close table, open new one etc. Here you just go broke, insta re-buy, insta play 10 hands, insta go broke.

But if you have some BRM and dont use stats/play mostly by chart/gut, then playing 4-tables rush is maybe even safer than 16 ringgame :f_eek:
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      If you're new to Rush poker don't even think about starting with 4 tables. Also watch out for set miners and people who 3-bet shove on you. I find that when someone limp/shoves it's AA. I would play full stack with one table. Avoid the quick fold for your first session to get a feel for the preflop ranges that everyone is playing. Postflop is pretty much standard but with less time. Once you feel comfortable open a second table. Repeat this until you have 4 tables open. If you time out go back to 3 tables and so on.

Good luck
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Watch all of the PokerStrategy videos on Rush poker as well. They cover the range differences from FR.
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      I see many people here are familiar with FTP bonuses so I would like to ask one question. Can you tell me, if I want to take advantage of the first deposit bonus, how much time would I have to clear the maximum 600 dollar bonus. And is there a possibility of releasing it incrementaly, like there is with the 100 dollar bonus I recently got from them?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/deposit-bonus-details.php

Time: 120 days
      Release: $20 increments or 10% of your deposit (smaller of the two)
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/deposit-bonus-details.php

Time: 120 days
      Release: $20 increments or 10% of your deposit (smaller of the two)
      Oh, thank you! By the way, if I gained 50 dollar starting capital by Pokerstrategy on FTP, that does not count as first deposit, right? And if I deposit 600 dollars, I will get a bonus on it?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Yes, be sure and do it within 180 days of getting your starting capital so that you get rakeback.
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Yes, be sure and do it within 180 days of getting your starting capital so that you get rakeback.
      Hum, I think that time has passed, I received starting capital on FTP in October and still have not deposited. But I have been receiving rake back from FTP all this time.