NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.63)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($11.53)
      Hero ($14.16)
      BTN ($19.65)

UTG posts (SB) $0.05

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN raises to $1.15, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.50) Q:heart: K:spade: 8:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.31, Hero calls $1.31

TURN ($5.12) Q:heart: K:spade: 8:heart: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($5.12) Q:heart: K:spade: 8:heart: 4:diamond: 3:spade:

Hero bets $1.50, BTN raises to $3, Hero folds

BTN wins $7.73

23/18 3bet: 13 AF: 3.9 aggro reg

Pre call i think is standard, i could 4bet, but then he folds a ton of hands i beat. I hit second pair, im ahead a lot here, so i x/c, planning on x/c-ing the turn also, and folding to a river bet. He checks behind the turn, so i dont think he has a K here too often, or a set, he would have bet it i think. So he either has a Q (like AQ-QJ-QTs), or more likely 99-JJ, so i vbet small. Then he minraises...EEither he had 33's, or K4s maybe, i dont really see any hand that can check behind the turn, and raise here.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Absolutism,

I wouldn't really bet the river that small. He could easily just see weakness in it and now try to bluff you while he is that aggressive. Rather maybe Check and take a look at his bet size. He could easily even try to Check behind with Kx on turn to induce you to bet.

And I actually like just 4betting against those agro 3bettors but of course Calling is an option as well, depending on his play postflop.

Best regards.
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      I also like 4betting to take it preflop against these players; because you are OOP. Call a shove than?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by EmmaDauwe
      I also like 4betting to take it preflop against these players; because you are OOP. Call a shove than?
      Yes, very likely unless I have some other reads/stats to think anything else about it. But against such a aggressive 3bettor we can easily consider that if he really has been 3betting a lot against us.