This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQo

• Absolutism
      Absolutism
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.63)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($11.53)
      Hero ($14.16)
      BTN ($19.65)

UTG posts (SB) $0.05

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN raises to $1.15, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.50) Q:heart: K:spade: 8:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.31, Hero calls $1.31

TURN ($5.12) Q:heart: K:spade: 8:heart: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($5.12) Q:heart: K:spade: 8:heart: 4:diamond: 3:spade:

Hero bets $1.50, BTN raises to $3, Hero folds

BTN wins $7.73

23/18 3bet: 13 AF: 3.9 aggro reg

Pre call i think is standard, i could 4bet, but then he folds a ton of hands i beat. I hit second pair, im ahead a lot here, so i x/c, planning on x/c-ing the turn also, and folding to a river bet. He checks behind the turn, so i dont think he has a K here too often, or a set, he would have bet it i think. So he either has a Q (like AQ-QJ-QTs), or more likely 99-JJ, so i vbet small. Then he minraises...EEither he had 33's, or K4s maybe, i dont really see any hand that can check behind the turn, and raise here.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Absolutism,

I wouldn't really bet the river that small. He could easily just see weakness in it and now try to bluff you while he is that aggressive. Rather maybe Check and take a look at his bet size. He could easily even try to Check behind with Kx on turn to induce you to bet.

And I actually like just 4betting against those agro 3bettors but of course Calling is an option as well, depending on his play postflop.

Best regards.
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      I also like 4betting to take it preflop against these players; because you are OOP. Call a shove than?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by EmmaDauwe
      I also like 4betting to take it preflop against these players; because you are OOP. Call a shove than?
      Yes, very likely unless I have some other reads/stats to think anything else about it. But against such a aggressive 3bettor we can easily consider that if he really has been 3betting a lot against us.