The ID check was unsuccessful?

    • RonenTiram
      RonenTiram
      Basic
      Joined: 27.04.2011 Posts: 6
      Its my first time here on pokerstrategy, my friend reffered me here and I did the 50$ first time bonus deposit on FTP.
      Instantly after I sent my ID, I got an email saying the following:
      Dear Ronen,We are sorry to inform you that your user account did not pass our ID check and we therefore cannot transfer the $50 starting capital to your account.Please note: In order to protect our security procedures, team members are unable to disclose any information about individual ID-check cases. In addition, the process cannot be repeated or the decision overturned. Unfortunately, these rules still apply in the event that we have made an incorrect decision. If this is the case, please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment this may cause you.


      Please explain me the reason for this!

      Thanks
  • 40 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 7,596
      Hey RonenTiram,

      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the community.

      Sorry to hear you have failed the ID check. We can not elaborate on the situation any further as the email states this.

      But this doesn't mean you cant get involved in our great community. You can still take advantage of all our offers including our first deposit bonuses.


      Regards,

      Kyle.
    • RonenTiram
      RonenTiram
      Basic
      Joined: 27.04.2011 Posts: 6
      you racists,
      its must be only because im a black jew who lives in israel and you saw it on my ID picture
    • pakamozna
      pakamozna
      Basic
      Joined: 04.05.2011 Posts: 1
      Originally posted by RonenTiram
      Its my first time here on pokerstrategy, my friend reffered me here and I did the 50$ first time bonus deposit on FTP.
      Instantly after I sent my ID, I got an email saying the following:
      Dear Ronen,We are sorry to inform you that your user account did not pass our ID check and we therefore cannot transfer the $50 starting capital to your account.Please note: In order to protect our security procedures, team members are unable to disclose any information about individual ID-check cases. In addition, the process cannot be repeated or the decision overturned. Unfortunately, these rules still apply in the event that we have made an incorrect decision. If this is the case, please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment this may cause you.


      Please explain me the reason for this!

      Thanks
      Today i try to get 50 starting capital. Is my birthday, and my id unsecseduful to.. LOL!!!
    • EVaSpazzforce
      EVaSpazzforce
      Global
      Joined: 04.05.2011 Posts: 1
      Got my ID-check denied to. So funny...

      Sent them all data they asked about, but no.
    • WhiteFeather
      WhiteFeather
      Basic
      Joined: 05.05.2011 Posts: 10
      I have sent my passport, but they didn't confirm my ID too! I'm iritated! What the hell is going on. :rolleyes: Please recheck it. I promise you that i will be a good player.
    • demolition001
      demolition001
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.03.2011 Posts: 1
      i also done everything they said and they disconected me from full tilt because they said that i have more then one account??and of coure it is not true
    • WhiteFeather
      WhiteFeather
      Basic
      Joined: 05.05.2011 Posts: 10
      I WONT GIVE UP!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2010 Posts: 1,252
      Originally posted by RonenTiram
      you racists,
      its must be only because im a black jew who lives in israel and you saw it on my ID picture
      <3
    • WhiteFeather
      WhiteFeather
      Basic
      Joined: 05.05.2011 Posts: 10
      IngrinD,
      Do something. I think only you can help here. ;) Coz others are so cold
    • WhiteFeather
      WhiteFeather
      Basic
      Joined: 05.05.2011 Posts: 10
      And one serious question:
      If I am deaf-and-dumb, I can't confirm my ID? :rolleyes:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 19.11.2010 Posts: 5,596
      Hey guys,

      Lets all calm down a little, we of course dont discriminate against anybody and there will be a reasonable answer why the ID check was unsuccessful. I have messaged Ingrid and she will be along any minute now.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      Hello Everyone!

      you racists,
      its must be only because im a black jew who lives in israel and you saw it on my ID picture
      but, why so mean RonenTiram?

      As pleno1 mentioned it before, we don't discriminate against anybody. I will look into this for you =) and get back soon!

      Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      Originally posted by WhiteFeather
      IngrinD,
      Do something. I think only you can help here. ;) Coz others are so cold
      Hi there WhiteFeather =)

      I am here now and will look into this for you.

      Please keep in mind that I may not be able to help out this time. You know that our security checks are a standard procedure and we are constantly working to improve the to minimize wrong decisions on our part. However, they can't be avoided completely.

      I'll get back to you soon. (probably tomorrow at some point)

      Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey guys,

      Lets all calm down a little, we of course dont discriminate against anybody and there will be a reasonable answer why the ID check was unsuccessful. I have messaged Ingrid and she will be along any minute now.
      =) Appreciate it!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      Originally posted by demolition001
      i also done everything they said and they disconected me from full tilt because they said that i have more then one account??and of coure it is not true
      Hi demolition001,

      You are still tracked and earning StrategyPoints. What is the issue here? =)

      Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.03.2011 Posts: 12,162
      Originally posted by EVaSpazzforce
      Got my ID-check denied to. So funny...

      Sent them all data they asked about, but no.
      Hej EVaSpazzforce,

      Have you tried to contact our Swedish customer support and ask them about your concerns regarding the ID check? If yes, have you received a response?

      tack tack
      Ingrid
    • WhiteFeather
      WhiteFeather
      Basic
      Joined: 05.05.2011 Posts: 10
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Originally posted by WhiteFeather
      IngrinD,
      Do something. I think only you can help here. ;) Coz others are so cold
      Hi there WhiteFeather =)

      I am here now and will look into this for you.

      Please keep in mind that I may not be able to help out this time. You know that our security checks are a standard procedure and we are constantly working to improve the to minimize wrong decisions on our part. However, they can't be avoided completely.

      I'll get back to you soon. (probably tomorrow at some point)

      Ingrid
      Thank you :) JUST PROMISE THAT YOU WON'T FORGET IT ;) Love YoUUUU :f_p:
    • RonenTiram
      RonenTiram
      Basic
      Joined: 27.04.2011 Posts: 6
      I dont understand, was my request to reverse my ID-check denial was even noticed by the admins over here? it seems like others have taken the attention in the thread I opened.
      I even went through all the FAQ and every little detail. Cannot find even a little reason for my ID to fail the check.

      but, why so mean RonenTiram?

      Sorry. Was just so pissed at this moment, after I learnt all this strategy stuff to answer and pass the quiz - only to get instantly denied
    • WhiteFeather
      WhiteFeather
      Basic
      Joined: 05.05.2011 Posts: 10
      Eh.. Lets wait today any answer.. ;)

      Darren wrote me today:
      As my colleague highlighted, this is based on the outcome of our security procedure and unfortunately the decision cannot be reversed. In addition, we will not require any of your documents.

      :rolleyes: But I hope Ingrid will look into this.