BB: $6.59
      UTG: $5.00
      Hero (MP): $10.25
      CO: $5.69
      BTN: $3.98
      SB: $5.21

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.60, fold, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.25, 2 players) 5:heart: Q:heart: 8:spade:
      SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($2.75, 2 players) A:diamond:
      SB bets $1.65, Hero calls $1.65

River: ($6.05, 2 players) 7:club:
      SB bets $2.21 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.21

SB[/b] shows Q:club: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (PreFlop 57%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%) Hero mucks K:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 43%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%) SB wins $9.78
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MikeF,

Preflop: If you are going to play this way AK than you played it postflop. Then just get it in preflop rather than Call.

As played
      Postflop: Pretty horrible flop to float against pretty unknown and as well the flop ain't the best for it. Just give it up on flop. Otherwise not much to do as you hit your Ace.

Best regards.
    • MikeF
      MikeF
      Bronze
      yeah well i often get in trouble with AKo preflop if there is alot of 3betting 4betting, just don't like going broke pre with it but otherways i get into spots like this... :/ maybe got some advice for decent AKo preflop play?:)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by MikeF
      yeah well i often get in trouble with AKo preflop if there is alot of 3betting 4betting, just don't like going broke pre with it but otherways i get into spots like this... :/ maybe got some advice for decent AKo preflop play?:)
      One good option, don't take AK as AA or KK or whatsoever. It depends a lot on the opponent either it's a hand to go broke with or not. Basically at the best you might get a coinflip when you going broke preflop against somewhat tightish opponent.

Try posting more hands from AK and we will try to fix the leaks. One of the big leaks I have seen is playing AKs/AKo not profitable. You could for example take a look your own either you play it profitable or not in your PT3.