BB ($10.16)
      UTG ($10.19)
      UTG+1 ($6.41)
      UTG+2 ($10.99)
      MP1 ($11.91)
      Hero ($10.36)
      BTN ($9.79)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 5:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.10, fold, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($1) 2:club: 4:heart: 5:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.47, BB calls $0.47

TURN ($1.94) 2:club: 4:heart: 5:spade: 3:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.94) 2:club: 4:heart: 5:spade: 3:club: T:club:

BB bets $1.10, Hero folds

BB wins $1.85

I know you are going to hate the limp behind, but at the time and the way the table was, I didn't want to be facing a 3-bet with a crappy hand, but can always call a normal raise.

The piss poor flop bet was stupid I admit I tried to induce a raise and it never worked which left me in no-man's land when the turn fell completing the straight. I should of probably bet pot, and made him pay for any draws, correct?

As played, is giving up on the turn here the correct play? Unless the river pairs the board obviously.Or should I have fired on the turn, trying to rep the straight myself taking the bet / fold line?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello MrMardyBum,

Preflop: Yep, basically when being on LP I like the isolation more but I am not saying that limping is wrong. Totally doable. :)
      Flop: But yes, definitely have to bet it bigger here like $0,70+.
      Turn: Kinda close between betting and now. I guess while already an ace or 6 makes a straight it will be hard for him to continue with a lot worse. And therefore Checking behind and avoid the Check/Raise which likely could be the case. And then you can still extract value from him on river for example if the board pairs and he bets the river himself. :) Although one option would be to bet here as well ~$1,20 and then reevaluating his actions.
      River: Not much you can do, backdoor flush completed. Any Ax beats you, any 6x beats you and I don't really think that he is just turning his hand anyways into bluff. Therefore I am folding it as well.

Best regards.