Vs. 3-bet Call %

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Looking through HEM and this stat (vs 3-bet call %) looked really high to me for FR .. (37%) but after chatting to someone on MSN about it, his is about 10% higher so just wondering what other peoples are and what you think about mine?
  • 3 replies
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      I have problem to call 3bets.. Check to raiser if you miss? 2/3?

What kind of range would you call 3bet with? That is also good question. Say you call TT-QQ which in those cases you might get funked with flops like 984. Especially with TT.. I use like two gap rule..

Say flop is 745 and I've got JJ.. There is chance that someone will be willing to push with 8-TT but there are only QQ-AA that have you beat. So its like 50-50.. But when the flop is 945 and you have JJ there is bigger chance that someone has you beat if they start being crazy.

That's why I don't like calling with QQ coz you never know where you stand on J high flop :)

I don't want to go broke with 'mediocre' hand.

**I play rush which probably makes the difference in my thoughts**
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Mine's about 50% on average for SH games, but I'm very reluctant to call out of position. It's so opponent dependent that the average value really doesn't represent much. For instance there are several regs on my limit who 3bet pretty much any hand from SB and BB, which makes me call them way more often.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      Mine's about 50% on average for SH games, but I'm very reluctant to call out of position. It's so opponent dependent that the average value really doesn't represent much. For instance there are several regs on my limit who 3bet pretty much any hand from SB and BB, which makes me call them way more often.
      Yeah that makes a lot of sense, I know a few people that 3-bet quite light and I'm happy to call against at my current limits. Just a stat I'd never really paid much attention to before I guess.