$1TSNG on FTP 1000 Games Review

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

today I completed 1000 games of $1TSNGs on Full Tilt Poker, as you will see by graph and stats I'm not going to well, I would even go so far to say that its terible. you will notice that my Graph shoots up then sundenly comes crashing down.

Hopefully somebody will be able to look intos these stats and give me some advice.

Site - Full Tilt Poker
      Stakes - $1.20
      Games - 1000
      ROI% - -0.2%
      EV ROI% - -0.2%
      ITM% - 41.1%
      Time - 28.1
      $ - -$2.80
      Rake- $200.00
      Hours - 198.4
      $/Hr - -0.01

Finish Distributions
      1st- 12.5
      2nd - 13.4
      3rd - 15.2
      4th - 13.2
      5th - 14.4
      6th - 13.3
      7th - 8.5
      8th - 7.3
      9th - 2.2

Individual Stats- (Most Stats are the ones on my Hud tell me if I need to add more here)

VPIP - 17%
      PFR - 15%
      AFq - 11%
      CO Steel - 19%
      BTN Steel - 25%
      SB Steel - 53%
      Fold SB to Steel - 89%
      Fold BB to Steel - 80%
      Limp - 1%
      Raise First - 22%
      3-Bet - 5%
      CBet - 79%
      Hands - 63876

*Stats are taken from Database that includes MTTs and other SNGs.

Graphs

Winnings $

Winnings BIs

ROI/ITM

Finish Distributions

If anyone could help that would be much apreciated I don't realy know whats going on. I'm a much better player at 1000 games at my low then I was at my Peak.

Regards,
      BigAl,
  • 23 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      how long period of time did these 1k game happen in??? how many tables do you play???

Do you ever consciously tilt?? ( like tilt where you know your tilting? )
      Do you have a stop loss??
      Do you take 1 day breaks after a run of bad days?
      Do you do something to minimize tilt ?

Looks to me like it's some mix of variance and psychological reasons... one big bump in your graph after a nice upswing.. your put on unconscious tilt and you play your b-game even c-game for the next 500 games.. but you keep improving your theological aspect of your game thus getting a better A-Game.. but for psychological reasons you don't play your A-game while grinding..

It's a sick graph.. by far the most sick EV line swing I've ever seen...
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      how long period of time did these 1k game happen in???-I played 2 games last year but appart from that the rest were played 10/01/11-28/4/11

how many tables do you play???- This depens on my BR when my BR is 25-50 I play 2 Sets of 2, BR $50-$75 3 Sets of 3 BR $75-$100 4 Sets of 4, BR of $100-$110 5 Sets of 4. At the moment my BR has droped below $50 so I am back to 2 Tableing.Do you ever consciously tilt?? ( like tilt where you know your tilting? )- I Think I tilt more when I am out of the game then when I am in, I do get worred if I go a set without cashing that I have to win big in next set to get back up, this is proberly a leak.

Do you have a stop loss??- No I don't think it is required for SNGs, because each tournemnt is just that, an individual tournement which has link to any previous.

Do you take 1 day breaks after a run of bad days?- No I just grind it out every day

Do you do something to minimize tilt ?- I have formulated this Zen Mindset that works most of the time, say for example I shove with Js and get called by K7o and they suck out by hiting a 4 card flush to the 7, I think well that was a real profitable spot for me. I have the atitude that if I play my best game I will win in the long run. It gets stretched abit when I had a week like last week where I ran into Aces and Kings 7x a day for 5 days.

Looks to me like it's some mix of variance and psychological reasons... one big bump in your graph after a nice upswing.. your put on unconscious tilt and you play your b-game even c-game for the next 500 games.. but you keep improving your theological aspect of your game thus getting a better A-Game.. but for psychological reasons you don't play your A-game while grinding..

It's a sick graph.. by far the most sick EV line swing I've ever seen...
      I just figured out something cool on ICM Trainer that you can ajust your stacksize for when you are Short Stack, Even stack or Big Stack.

I'm gonna just keep trying to work on my game post hands, I might even download Skype and try and particapate in the SNG study group if they will have me.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      feel free adding me on skype: Hlynkinn

I'll be kinda busy for the next 6-7 days.. but after that I probably wouldn't mind taking a look at your game when I have time..

But like I've said I'm confident your A-game is good enough to beat these stakes so yea.. maybe getting someone to sweat your sessions could get your concentration and confidence back up so you can play your a-game..

good luck..
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Ok sounds good.
    • pepehahaha
      pepehahaha
      Bronze
      1+.2 usd turbo is unbeatable because of rake, your roi is really great. Try to play some 10 or less percent rake trnys.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pepehahaha
      1+.2 usd turbo is unbeatable because of rake.
      lol. no
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      Originally posted by pepehahaha
      1+.2 usd turbo is unbeatable because of rake.
      lol. no
      lol good first post..
    • pepehahaha
      pepehahaha
      Bronze
      Sorry then, how many peoples crushing 20% rake 9max sngs turbo. How high is their roi? Im sorry for disinformation :(

I`m not absolutly new i came from different forum :P
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hehe I beat myself the 1$ in a legit way two years ago if you look at my old old blog, and I was pretty much clueless....People are soooo spewy!!

Anyways that graph looks like a mountain..sucks to be you...I think Hlynkinn covered all the good questions you needed to ask yourself..

Make sure to use ICM trainer as you said,
      SNG wiz or soething else similar,
      Keep posting hands etc.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      looks to me like your push-fold game is not good! 4-6 place finish is way to high! Also Hlynkinn, maybe he had the sickest EV upswing... no way of telling wich of the two it is just from the graph!

- Try ICM trainer
      - Post hands in the evaluation forum
      - try to get someone to do some sweat session who is on the same level as you.

Goodluck
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Was about to say the same, work on your push-fold game and bubble situations.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback everone, I will defently keep working on my game. I just found a bunch of new features in ICM trainer for simulation, my BR is back up to around $90 after comeing 14th in Daily $1 2day.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Your finishing distribution is ok. If you had that finishing distribution with a lower rake, then you would be winning a lot. Of course, since these are $1 SNGs you should expect to do better.

It is normal to finish 4th-6th a lot if you don't finish 7th-9th a lot. You will bust out in 6th a lot when you don't get any cards, and then one of your first pushes gets called and you lose.

I think you should be able to win more tournaments, which usually points toward improving your play near the bubble rather than heads-up.

Your play is tighter than optimal, and there is a remarkably low gap between your VPIP and PFR. It is hard to interpret these figures directly because they mix together play in different phases of the tournament, but it seems you almost never call. There are many situations in which calling is right. Obviously, someone could push on your big blind when you have aces. In an early level, you might have a hand like 33 or T9s in the small blind and there could be 2-3 limpers in front of you. Then raising is probably not right, but calling should be profitable. This might also be right on the button. Some people call too often, but only 2% might be too little.

It's great that you are working with ICM Trainer. Remember to make some adjustments for your opponents' tighter pushes in practice. See my video "Super Turbo Ranges" for examples of how your opponents might be deviating from the GTO pushing ranges.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      but it seems you almost never call. There are many situations in which calling is right

Yes I think this is one of my biggest problems, but I refuse to open Limp.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      open limp your pairs on the lower stakes, people won't fold to your raise and that way you can set mine for much cheaper, refusing open limping is like saying you don't want to play a certain aspect of the game!
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BigAl123456
      but it seems you almost never call. There are many situations in which calling is right

Yes I think this is one of my biggest problems, but I refuse to open Limp.
      I'm not talking about open-limping. I almost never open-limp, and even when it is profitable in low stakes games, I'm not sure I recommend it because it can be a bad habit and there may be more profitable alternatives. Your calls should include times when you complete after limpers, when you overlimp, when you overcall with speculative hands, and when you call pushes.

In the push/fold stage, how often do you call when a reg pushes for 8 BB from the SB? When a reg pushes for 6 BB from UTG? What range do you give them?
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      In the push/fold stage, how often do you call when a reg pushes for 8 BB from the SB? When a reg pushes for 6 BB from UTG? What range do you give them?

Thats a very good question, the fact that I cant snap write a response proberly shows I have a leak in this area.

I think it depens on what sort of Reg is pushing into me, but I can not form a definitive answer.
    • Isildur86
      Isildur86
      Bronze
      In the push/fold stage, how often do you call when a reg pushes for 8 BB from the SB? When a reg pushes for 6 BB from UTG? What range do you give them?[/quote]
      if im bb, and regs push 25%-29% of the time, im usually calling with A8+++, K9++, J10S++.. provided i have at least 50-100 hands on them some regs even push 40% from sb out of 200 hands...
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Isildur86
      some regs even push 40% from sb
      lol