black friday

• dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      hey all

if since black friday you have moved poker rooms, where have you moved to?
      whats the traffic like there for the levels you are playing and at what time are you playing?

i hadnt been playing poker for long when this all happened. i got my starting capital at ft and made a min deposit to get rb. at this stage im stuck there and cant withdraw my baller br of $110

i guess for me it will be partypoker? although im still not totally decided yet as living in NZ which is +12 gmt doesnt seem to be peak hour in most of the rooms during the times i play haha

anyways just wondering what the rest of the community has done. maybe you sat tight and kept grinding at ft or stars

cheers for your time :)
  • 4 replies
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      I moved but it wasn't really a response to black friday although it was not long afterwards. I moved to William Hill so I could gain PS points. I wasn't getting any from Full Tilt as I signed up long before I found this place. I was on a terrible downswing and I wanted to study more so figured that was the way to go.

I've also started using 100BI for 10 man SNG's so I'm only playing $1 games. Games start within seconds to minutes, but if you want to multitable you can get 2 games going at a time so you have differing blinds throughout your tables.

The software isn't bad. It's not Full Tilt, but it's not bad. Typing notes can take 4/5 clicks on the box though, which is frustrating when you're multitabling! I get the same amount of traffic at all times and I've played between 8am to 2am (18 hours of the day) BST (GMT+1).

No rakeback but the PS points are good there. 1 point for every $ of rake (5 $1 SNG's) plus 1 point for every $ you deposit PLUS double your deposit amount in bonus! So $100 deposit = 100 PS points plus $200 extra (obviously worked off through playing). Sweet deal.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I moved to Tilt and Stars because they have the best player liquidity and best software.
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      thanks for your replies

@tokyoaces
      i love the software at ft, more so than stars so it would surely be missed. i just feel like changing rooms for a lil while. also there are a ton of regs in the micro sng's during the times i play which is making things even harder for me

@GraveGoods
      ive never really looked into william hill but that seems like a pretty good kick start!
      i would also be starting out with $1 sng's so thats good to know :D

in all honesty i wouldnt be getting substantial rakeback at my level of play as it is, it just seemed like a nice lil addition to my br when i first started at ft haha

thanks for the info!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey dw00d.

Dunno what game you're playing, but there is really not much reason to shift IMO. FT is sweet for BR building (using RB), still has a decent player base (although missing those US players in the evening, for sure) and provides promos from time to time. PokerStars is your best other option in most cases.

If you had decent sums of dosh there (and now the USD is trending toward near enough ~= NZPeso it isn't what it used to be) then maybe reducing your exposure there would be sensible, but as it stands I'd stick it out.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I see you're playing micro SnGs - in which case I'd stick to FT or Stars in any case - you won't be better off volume wise/player wise playing on an iPoker skin (eg WH, Titan, Bet365 et al), and the VIP systems are usual pretty glacial in releasing at micro stakes in my experience. :f_p: