This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Trying to learn how to abuse regs with multiple barrels.

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1292468
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $14.94
      BB: $9.13
      UTG: $21.18
      MP: $10.62
      CO: $4.41
      Hero (BTN): $12.16

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 4 :club: 5 :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.60) 2 :club: 7 :heart: 7 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB calls $0.45, BB folds

Turn: ($1.50) J :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1

River: ($3.50) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.20

c-betting to take it down right there, villain(s) rarely hit this flop, and if they have pps/floats i can push them of on later streets.

I bet the J because its a good scarecard. Many floats will fold to a 2nd barrel and pps will be a bit scared of the J.

the 8 is a relative blank. I guess 9T hit its straight but thats it. So I decide to continue my story and bet a 3-rd barrel and try to push him of any PP or overcards that floated.

IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1292472

BB: $14.87
      UTG: $9.98
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $13.67
      BTN: $3.44
      Hero (SB): $11.36

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with A :diamond: K :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 2 :heart: 5 :diamond: 9 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($1.20) 9 :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80, UTG folds

River: ($2.80) Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80

I decided to call AK from the sb because i think its a good enough hand to play OOP vs UTG, i think a 3-bet will only scare away the hands i dominate(except AQs), and thereby isolating myslef vs a storng UTG range.

The flop checks through and another 9 hits. I bet here representing 66-88, TT-QQ trying to push out PP's and some 45,56 type of hands.

BB which is pretty loose, but with a WTS of 17% call my bet and the river brings a Q. I decide to bet again given that this card is pretty scary for all pocket pairs which I'm aming to push off the hand.

IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1292477

BTN: $3.20
      SB: $9.21
      Hero (BB): $11.78
      UTG: $11.44
      CO: $14.34

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 9 :spade: Q :spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.95, CO calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95) 8 :diamond: 2 :heart: 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.55) 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00

Villain is a reg, typical tag stats. I 3-bet him since his stealing a bit. I dont think Q9s is good enough to call so i decide to 3-bet instead.

When he calls i give him a medium strength range. like 99-JJ, AQo, AJs, KQs. The flop doesnt hit his range very hard. So i decide to c-bet even though i can't represent much more than overpairs and overcards + FD's. Given the fact that i cant represent much i think he is going to float relatively often here.

Therefore i decide to 2nd barrel to get him off his overcards and also maybe just maybe some of his overpairs since the board is getting drawier. I also have a gutshot now + a Q vs some of his PPs.

What do you guys think of my reasoning in the hands? I'm pretty new to mutibarrels so I'm trying my best to learn playing a more abusing game vs regs.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

First of all, please don't post more than one hand into 1 thread. We can just basically concentrate on just one hand and write a better analyze. You can always link the hands but don't post them all into one thread. :(

Hand #1
      Don't expect the opponent to fold there any hand, therefore Check/Fold right on flop in multiway. As played Check back river.

Hand #2
      Doesn't make sense at all. Basically I'd just Check it down and be happy if I win.

Hand #3
      Seems to be fine vs somewhat thinking opponent.

Best regards.