This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hours of playing

• Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Hi guys, how much u play poker daily? I have to ask because i usually have profit in first 3 or 4 hours of playing. After that i see that im starting to lose slowly and usually dont comeback on daily max profit. Probably my concentration is problem... But im not sure why always losing after 3 or 4 hours.
  • 22 replies
    • Wampa76
      Wampa76
      Bronze
      I play only 2-3 hours per day. I dont have more free time.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      30 min - 1hour but am not profitable I get profits only on july and january xD
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Well im trying to play as much as i can, but i see that after some time im starting to lose... I will try to set some limit to me.
    • Wampa76
      Wampa76
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nemanjal87
      Well im trying to play as much as i can, but i see that after some time im starting to lose... I will try to set some limit to me.
      I have the same problem. I play 1 hour than go to smoke. And after 10 minutes go again play.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wampa76
      I have the same problem. I play 1 hour than go to smoke. And after 10 minutes go again play.
      I do something similar. I play for about 2 hours, then go get some excercise and then come back and play 2-3 more.
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      And after pause do u guys play good again?
    • Wampa76
      Wampa76
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nemanjal87
      And after pause do u guys play good again?
      Yes. But If I make 2 mistakes which cost me two buy-in I finished session.
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      3-12 hours :D depending on how many MTT's im playing and how good deep i go
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Lately anywhere between 2 to 6 hours, depending on whether or not I'm stuck. Usually I quit after about 3 hours if I made sufficient profit for the day, then I just reward myself with a movie or some series. Entertainment feels so much better when after successfully earning money.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      Lately anywhere between 2 to 6 hours, depending on whether or not I'm stuck. Usually I quit after about 3 hours if I made sufficient profit for the day, then I just reward myself with a movie or some series. Entertainment feels so much better when after successfully earning money.
      sounds like your chasing your losses. You should know better though :D
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      play till busto :D
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      sounds like your chasing your losses. You should know better though :D
      Yeah, it's a habit from the days when I actually used to chase losses. Nowadays it's a different type of leak, I'm afraid I'll start playing worse and lose my profits. If I'm stuck despite playing well, I'll keep playing, but when I notice my play deteriorating I just quit.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Like 8-12 on days I played. But i really plan to shorten my sessions :D
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Well i like Berzerger style... I also do that sometimes. But i will try to play 2 or 3 hours and than to rest some time, and after rest i will continue to play and try to grind more :)
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      i play around 3-4 hours or so over 2 or 3 sessions...
    • diutza
      diutza
      Bronze
      depends on my mood, time and objective.

In April I have switched to Bwin and deposited $1000 to take advantage of the full bonus, and I have only 2 months to fully unlock it and its not easy.

Its also the rake race every month, so this month and the next one, I have and probably continue doubling my play time.

Also depends on the format:
      Cash game I usually didn't play more then 2 hours per sessions.
      MTT takes longer, but less concentration needed, because I don't play many tables

Lately I played Double or Nothing Sit'n'Go 2-5 hours max per session, was trying to generate as much rake as possible. Was days when I played like 10 hours, but its minus EV, I probably was playing break even or even minus after so much time.
    • guz28
      guz28
      Bronze
      It depends but i tend to play like 1h at the time or so, then i take a break and eat or do some pushups or something then ill go back to playing, but the total time a day can be all from 1h to 5h depending on mod and free time :)
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I usually play between 6 and 10hrs a day.
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      I usually play between 6 and 10hrs a day.
      You make some breaks or play that much from once?