Hours of playing

• Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Hi guys, how much u play poker daily? I have to ask because i usually have profit in first 3 or 4 hours of playing. After that i see that im starting to lose slowly and usually dont comeback on daily max profit. Probably my concentration is problem... But im not sure why always losing after 3 or 4 hours.
  • 22 replies
    • Wampa76
      Wampa76
      Bronze
      I play only 2-3 hours per day. I dont have more free time.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      30 min - 1hour but am not profitable I get profits only on july and january xD
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Well im trying to play as much as i can, but i see that after some time im starting to lose... I will try to set some limit to me.
    • Wampa76
      Wampa76
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nemanjal87
      Well im trying to play as much as i can, but i see that after some time im starting to lose... I will try to set some limit to me.
      I have the same problem. I play 1 hour than go to smoke. And after 10 minutes go again play.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wampa76
      I have the same problem. I play 1 hour than go to smoke. And after 10 minutes go again play.
      I do something similar. I play for about 2 hours, then go get some excercise and then come back and play 2-3 more.
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      And after pause do u guys play good again?
    • Wampa76
      Wampa76
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nemanjal87
      And after pause do u guys play good again?
      Yes. But If I make 2 mistakes which cost me two buy-in I finished session.
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      3-12 hours :D depending on how many MTT's im playing and how good deep i go
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Lately anywhere between 2 to 6 hours, depending on whether or not I'm stuck. Usually I quit after about 3 hours if I made sufficient profit for the day, then I just reward myself with a movie or some series. Entertainment feels so much better when after successfully earning money.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      Lately anywhere between 2 to 6 hours, depending on whether or not I'm stuck. Usually I quit after about 3 hours if I made sufficient profit for the day, then I just reward myself with a movie or some series. Entertainment feels so much better when after successfully earning money.
      sounds like your chasing your losses. You should know better though :D
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      play till busto :D
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      sounds like your chasing your losses. You should know better though :D
      Yeah, it's a habit from the days when I actually used to chase losses. Nowadays it's a different type of leak, I'm afraid I'll start playing worse and lose my profits. If I'm stuck despite playing well, I'll keep playing, but when I notice my play deteriorating I just quit.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Like 8-12 on days I played. But i really plan to shorten my sessions :D
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Well i like Berzerger style... I also do that sometimes. But i will try to play 2 or 3 hours and than to rest some time, and after rest i will continue to play and try to grind more :)
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      i play around 3-4 hours or so over 2 or 3 sessions...
    • diutza
      diutza
      Bronze
      depends on my mood, time and objective.

In April I have switched to Bwin and deposited $1000 to take advantage of the full bonus, and I have only 2 months to fully unlock it and its not easy.

Its also the rake race every month, so this month and the next one, I have and probably continue doubling my play time.

Also depends on the format:
      Cash game I usually didn't play more then 2 hours per sessions.
      MTT takes longer, but less concentration needed, because I don't play many tables

Lately I played Double or Nothing Sit'n'Go 2-5 hours max per session, was trying to generate as much rake as possible. Was days when I played like 10 hours, but its minus EV, I probably was playing break even or even minus after so much time.
    • guz28
      guz28
      Bronze
      It depends but i tend to play like 1h at the time or so, then i take a break and eat or do some pushups or something then ill go back to playing, but the total time a day can be all from 1h to 5h depending on mod and free time :)
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I usually play between 6 and 10hrs a day.
    • Nemanjal87
      Nemanjal87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      I usually play between 6 and 10hrs a day.
      You make some breaks or play that much from once?