[NL2-NL10] Nl5 J8 Sb

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I think preflop is pretty bad esp. against such a station.

I am not sure about the turn however. Every Ten got there, flush got there, I think I could even consider check/folding here esp against such a player who is not likely to bet himself without made hand.

On the river I think it´s standard and just a cooler if I lose it here :) . I expect him to have many Flushes/Straights in his range.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5
      BB:
      $3,5

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (2 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:diamond: , 8:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,15, BB calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,30) Q:heart: , J:club: , 8:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,2, BB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,70) 9:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,45, BB calls $0,45.

River: ($1,60) J:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1, Hero raises to $2,70, BB calls $1,70 (All-In).

Final Pot: $7,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Jd 8h)
      BB shows a full-house, jacks full of queens (Qd Js)

BB wins with a full-house, jacks full of queens (Qd Js)
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

What hands do you expect him to donk on river this way and even pretty big while he just Check/Called turn? Basically more often he is representing a very strong hand while FD completed, Tx completed. So mainly he will have a FH there than any Tx or whatsoever, he wont donk with them this way. As well you blocking like few cards like 8 while he can't really have 88, therefore at the best 99. And while it's pretty thin value I'd rather just Call it.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Don´t you really think that such a passive guy won´t have like many flushes/straight in his range ? I mean, I´d also check/call the turn rather than donk it with a made flush just because I think there is more value in it than in donking turn. And on the river he can´t be sure if I am gonna bet again with TP kind of hands therefore he could donk his flush/straight there .. ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Don´t you really think that such a passive guy won´t have like many flushes/straight in his range ? I mean, I´d also check/call the turn rather than donk it with a made flush just because I think there is more value in it than in donking turn. And on the river he can´t be sure if I am gonna bet again with TP kind of hands therefore he could donk his flush/straight there .. ?
      Nah, I don't think so that he would donk while a FH is now possible. Of course it could be but according to his tendency we see that he is very picky by going to showdown and has won all of them. (no sample but still something)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      What do you think about the Turn ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Usually I'd just Check behind while there ain't many hands which Call us anyways.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Usually I'd just Check behind while there ain't many hands which Call us anyways.
      And if the turn was checked behind and he donk the river the way he did, would you try to get it in or just call with our FH and why ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      And if the turn was checked behind and he donk the river the way he did, would you try to get it in or just call with our FH and why ?
      Guess I would be more often to raise then actually while we did show weakness on turn by Checking and he could easily be even having the Tx or a flush which tries to get value from some weaker hand.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I wouldn't make too much assumptions about his WTS w/ 23 hand sample size. And overall he is rather passive, but at the same time he is playing pretty wide, so I wouldn't assume he is competent enough to understand board has paired so his flush/straight can be beat now. His range is strange indeed, but even if we look at his WTS - it may mean he's just betting relentlessly at some point and getting folds this far. So, even as played, I see shoving River as reasonable option, but that's just my 2 cents. :)

Good luck!