[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs MP3

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I think preflop is fine cause he seems rather tight preflop and he is doing that from UTG. I don´t really want to raise him here.

What would you do postflop ? He has an insane AF value .. would you float him ? Against his c/r on the turn not much I can do I think, even though with his AF everything is possible.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $1,31
      Hero:
      $5,82

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,15, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,37) J:spade: , 4:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,77) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,5, UTG2 raises to $0,96 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1,77
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      he would open worse hands utg, so you can 3-bet pf for value AKs and then call his shove, since he only has there 28bb
      postflop: I think generally fold is fine, but if you think your AK might be good then floating is fine. You just have to go with your hand if turn is spade or if you hit your A or K
      I'd check back turn, since I don't expect him folding there better hands and your AK high has showdown value
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      he would open worse hands utg, so you can 3-bet pf for value AKs and then call his shove, since he only has there 28bb
      You are right, I just haven´t realized this. Against his stack it´s probably easy broke pre. But against 100 BB stack calling should be fine ???

I'd check back turn, since I don't expect him folding there better hands and your AK high has showdown value
      Well if he´d be tight enough don´t you think I can make him to fold something like 77-TT here ? But it´s true that these pockets are just small part of his range imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      You are right, I just haven´t realized this. Against his stack it´s probably easy broke pre. But against 100 BB stack calling should be fine ???

Well if he´d be tight enough don´t you think I can make him to fold something like 77-TT here ? But it´s true that these pockets are just small part of his range imo.
      But against 100 BB stack calling should be fine ?
      - yes

Well if he´d be tight enough don´t you think I can make him to fold something like 77-TT here ?
      - 77 has set. I doubt he is going to fold 88-TT
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Against his stack I am not really big fan of calling preflop. Rather just 3bet and get it in. Otherwise postflop I am not really big fan of floating either while his stack is just so small and if we bet the turn then we very likely even get the odds for a Call. :D And which is even the case what happened.

I'd basically just bet like $0,25 and fold to the shove. Or even sometimes just Check behind while our A high might be even good and he is not going to fold any pair.

Best regards.