[NL2-NL10] Rush NL5 - AK post flop

• slashng
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.58, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0.41.

Flop: ($1.23) 4, 8, 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.05, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.23.

Opponent's stats: VPIP 13/ PFR 7 - sample size 173

Villain called my re-raise on preflop, I think his range is most probably QQ, AK or even KK given his stats.

I am not sure how to play post flop with such a hand. Should I fold? Pls advice. Thanks in advance :D
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      not really sure you should even 3-bet pf AK against utg raise, so I would likely just call and play postflop
      If you 3-bet and he calls, then folding flop is better options
      He would not really call 3-bet AQs and now lead flop with air that you should consider raising him or calling him down- most likely he has there TT/JJ and trying to protect his hand against overcards
    • veriz
      Hello slashng,

Preflop: Yes, likely it's not that great idea to 3bet it here. More often we are just doing it for fold equity than value. I'd basically be more often inclined to Call as well and sometimes even fold the hand while there are just so many opponents behind us and we will give great odds for them to Call with any hand and being in multiway pot with AK really sucks and could put us into a lot of difficult spots.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you can do here than fold the hand. He very likely will have a strong hand here like an overpair than a pure bluff.

Best regards.