[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush 78s CO

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      Flop: I think this is questionable since he is likely to continue with many :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: hands. Maybe just giving up is better in this case.

Turn: I am not sure I can valuebet. maybe against the draws I could so this turn card could be worth a bet.

River: Obv. I am not calling his overbet but I just want to ask if I should call if he made like 1/2 - 2/3 potsize donk here ? Can I call assuming he can bluff his missed draws on the river ?

Known players:       
      SB:
      $10,36
      Hero:
      $5,07

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:club: , 7:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BU folds, SB calls $0,18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,45) J:heart: , 5:heart: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,3, SB calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,05) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,05) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,1, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,05
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      giving up on the flop is better option unless you´re going to 3-barrel him if you don't improve with your pair
      You just has a little too little equity to hope your 8 high would be ahead on the river
      I'd personally would b/f turn 0.5$ and take my free showdown
      He may easily c/c again with draws and I think you're ahead enough times to bet turn for value/protection
      river is fold. nl 5 players would not really overbet enough times their missed draws that you should call with you pair of 8s

River: Obv. I am not calling his overbet but I just want to ask if I should call if he made like 1/2 - 2/3 potsize donk here ? Can I call assuming he can bluff his missed draws on the river ?
      - since you don't bet turn I think calling river is a little better option than folding or if you decided to give up with the hand then folding is also fine.
      I'd likely clal his half potsize bet and fold to bigger one, since I'd bet turn the same amount, so I don't really loose more if I'd played hand differently
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Basically seems to be totally fine to Check the turn while we even now have showdown value and might just value-town ourselves with betting the turn. I don't think that he is betting the river anyways that often and even if he does he rather has us beat.

Nope, I wouldn't Call the river unless I know the opponent. Vs unknown it's a pretty standard fold.

Best regards.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

As played I like betting Turn more than checking for the reasons we still can value bet against one card FD/overs and get really easy River decision. By checking Turn we put ourselves into a guessing game and give free card when we could possibly bet. Thin, but still.

Good luck!