[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush QT SB BvB

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Flop: Cbet or not ? I think cbet is not +EV since he is gonna continue with a lot of hands on that kind of flop.

Known players:       
      Hero:
      $10,23
      BB:
      $4

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , T:diamond:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,40) 6:spade: , 6:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,3, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,40
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it is dry flop and he very often doesn't have there anything, so you should take that down enough times by betting on the flop or if he likes to float then fire also on blank turn card
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      it is dry flop and he very often doesn't have there anything, so you should take that down enough times by betting on the flop or if he likes to float then fire also on blank turn card
      Hm, but also, these players also will call on that flop with anything from 55-99 or even with overs (some of them for the reason they just like to call down, others for a float and taking it down on the turn and I am not really comfortable with multiple barreling with air on this limit since I think more often I get called down rather than make an opponent fold his hand and I would rather wait for strong value hands than going for some multiple barell bluff with high variance.)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

If he has some kind of station tendency then Check/Folding is totally fine here and I do that as well sometimes. But I wouldn't say that like CBetting is totally of out question and it would be -EV, you can still do it profitable but the problem is that you likely have to barrel again but against his stack it ain't that great idea. :D So I'd say nice hand!

But depends a lot on the opponent, sometimes I might even prefer CBetting here more.

Best regards.