[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH KK BB

• alexgrapid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, CO calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.05) 3, Q, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.45) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, CO calls $3.00.

River: ($10.45) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.15, CO raises to $8.87, Hero calls $5.72.

Final Pot: $28.19.

Results follow:

CO shows three of a kind, queens(Qc Ac).
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(Kh Kc).

CO wins with three of a kind, queens(Qc Ac).

The villain is 31/20/fold to 3 bet 0 /AF 2.8/fold vs Cbet 33/WTS 28/ 117 hands

Should I just c/c the river ???? I tilted after I saw his raise and called I knew that I can beat almost nothing .What do you think is the best approach for this hand ???
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      pf, flop and turn are standard
      Since I can't see how he would call you down with Tx or worse hands I'd personally would prefer c/c
      He has there sometimes KJ or some other missed straight draw that he might bet river and even if he has there Qx, he always doesn't shove that hand, but rather bet half potsize
    • veriz
      Hello alexgrapid,

Preflop: Actually being even OOP I sometimes tend to 3bet a bit bigger like to $1,20 depending on the opponent. And against such player I am tend to do that while he Calls light.
      Postflop: The bad thing with river Check/Call is that if you ask yourself like if I do the Check/Call then what kind of size of bet I am going to Call? So therefore my line would be rather as well to Block-bet/Fold there and maybe even get value from some worse pairs. Don't really want to start guessing like when he shoves and then, oh damn, does he do that with missed draw or doesn't he?

And as well I would even bet bigger on flop & turn.

Best regards.