[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush JJ BB

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I played check/fold the flop. Is it okay here ? What about the turn ?

Known players:     
      Hero:
      $12,31
      UTG1:
      $4,88
      UTG2:
      $6,82
      MP2:
      $2,65

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG1 raises to $0,10, UTG2 calls $0,10, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,35, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,92) Q:club: , 9:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0,92) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,6, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,92
  • 6 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      If I was playing here, I'd of led the flop and folded to re-raise, but if called I'd lead out again at the turn, if he has a club in his hand you are giving him a chance to draw at a free card. The Q falling on the turn makes it less likely that our opponent is holding a Q so that's why I am betting here again...

This is just the line I would take, although as proven previously my evaluations are not the greatest :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      If I was playing here, I'd of led the flop and folded to re-raise, but if called I'd lead out again at the turn, if he has a club in his hand you are giving him a chance to draw at a free card. The Q falling on the turn makes it less likely that our opponent is holding a Q so that's why I am betting here again...

This is just the line I would take, although as proven previously my evaluations are not the greatest :)
      Preflop I was mainly aiming for an overpair. But donking it seems to be an interesting idea. He could also have like AK/AQ maybe so by checking I am giving him the chance to cheaply bluff me out.

I think as played I am just valuebetting the turn, he is unlikely to have the Q and I am also so he might not believe me esp when I make it 1/2 of the pot, so he can call me with some overs with :club: :club: :club: or maybe idk somewhat like TT although not sure if that´s the hand he is gonna 3bet pre, maybe he is if he is somewhat agro and perceives the preflop action as the opportunity to squeeze :D .
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      3-betting against a min-raise isn't something you can really class as strong, I'd be doing this all day with SC A,J + to isolate the min-raiser. So don't read to much into a 3-bet over a min-raise imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      - seems fine c/f flop, since he would likely has there at least high club if he decides to c-bet
      I would also bet turn for value. He may still have there TT and call your turn bet or if he has AK you really don't want to give him free river card
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      - seems fine c/f flop, since he would likely has there at least high club if he decides to c-bet
      I would also bet turn for value. He may still have there TT and call your turn bet or if he has AK you really don't want to give him free river card
      Ok. What do you think about the alternative option mention above - bet/folding flop ?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Ok. What do you think about the alternative option mention above - bet/folding flop ?
      don't like it, since he would shove over your donk bet hands like AcKx and AxKc and if he 3-bet and Acx hand. So you´re sometimes going to b/f better hand and if he calls you would likely c/f turn anyway