[NL2-NL10] NL2 AQo

  • 8 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.11.2007 Posts: 3,105
      Hey FunkyD0nkey,

      It's ok to call preflop minraises with any hand you openraised with according to the chart except for the hands you should 4-bet according to the chart which you should 4-bet(go all-in with) instead.

      Best regards,
      burek2000
    • myperfume
      myperfume
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.05.2011 Posts: 1
      Hi burek,

      I am a little confused. On MSS chart for raising it suggests folding if you get reraised if you are the first person to raise like funkeymonjey with AQ.

      Have I understood you to say it is ok to call? and if so, why is this different to the chart.

      Please clarify, thank you

      myperfume
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.07.2010 Posts: 1,343
      Hi burek,

      If we call the min3bet, we lost the initiative as the preflop aggressor.
      Without initiative, it is very difficult to play post flop.

      Thanks.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      If we call the min3bet, we lost the initiative as the preflop aggressor.
      Without initiative, it is very difficult to play post flop.
      No not really, you just have to study harder in how to play OOP.

      I think AQo is too strong to fold and too weak to 4bet so calling is my preference as well

      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.07.2010 Posts: 1,343
      Hello Gerv,

      Do you play the same way as you are preflop aggressor if you call the min3bet?
      I mean, let say, the Flop comes Axx, do you dbet as we always cbet as the preflop aggressor?

      Thanks
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Hello Gerv,

      Do you play the same way as you are preflop aggressor if you call the min3bet?
      I mean, let say, the Flop comes Axx, do you dbet as we always cbet as the preflop aggressor?

      Thanks
      No ofcourse not, that would turn your hand face up and Villain always cbet 100% on that kind of board
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.07.2010 Posts: 1,343
      The problem is we have to c/f if we miss the Flop.
      Do you agree with me?

      Thanks.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      The problem is we have to c/f if we miss the Flop.
      Do you agree with me?

      Thanks.

      This means you cannot handread and then you should refrain yourself from playing OOP.

      But if your profit comes from
      { playing IP as PFA } + {Playing OOP as PFA} + {Playing IP as caller} + {Playing OOP as caller} then you are neglecting 2 sections of the 4.

      So you have to self-study more in handreading so you can be more elusive

      Best regards,
      Gerv