[NL2-NL10] set vs turn action

• TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      Hey! I will post a hand and write details about me at the same time :) .

PS: i posted the same hand at wrong forum SSS, and now i only copied and past it here. Now it is on the right forum :) .
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($1.90)
      BB ($2.83) 47/17(50hands)
      Hero ($4.42) 24/17 (1000hand) stats is both 6max and fr thats why they are little high :) I am more LAG 6max.
      UTG+1 ($3.59)
      UTG+2 ($1.89)
      CO ($4.68)
      BTN ($2.68) 47/12 (92hands)
      Today i decided to play full ring. playing ABC poker. but this hand was going to be the last hand in the session anyways. I was UTG and I thought my utg open raising range is : 77+ , AQ+. but I could raise 3bb from utg and play the hand depends on the flop + players. the btn and the bb players played against me at another table at the same time. both of them are real fish :D :D and I was happy to play this hand against them.

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 6:heart:

Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.06, fold, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.19) Q:diamond: 6:club: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.13, BTN folds, BB calls $0.13

I just couldnt flop a better flop then this one. there was not so much draws, so if i was getting action, I might get action with QT+, maybe get action in turn if someone pick up a flushdraw or something like that. but anyways, hands that were going to call me in the flop are : ( Qx 68, 57,79,9J,9T,7T,6T strightdraws...) there was no flush draw, so I was hopping that I might get action vs Qcxc or Qdxd

TURN ($0.45) Q:diamond: 6:club: 8:spade: T:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $1.35, BB raises to $2.14, Hero raises to $2.93, BB calls $0.50 (AI)
      made hands on turn that i bet (overpair, toppair, 2pair, flushdraws)hands that beat me (79,9J, higher set).the thing is i thought that the bb is so fishy that he could call me with QT+ and might reraise with like top2. the problem is I didnt know how to play the turn. I am playing him heads up in turn and I have position on him, shall i play the hand slowly, like call the turn and try to hope that the bored pair if he has a stright. or call in position river bet (because of stright possibilty). or if i should play it fast, like I did. what i was thinking about is that I dont want to lose value from all hands that this player could have like, flushdraw or toppair, top 2.
      RIVER ($5.73) Q:diamond: 6:club: 8:spade: T:diamond: 5:heart:

1st question: How shall i play 66 utg? I never play them utg, it was maybe the first time since I started playing more tight :D . I start playing 22+ from mp+. is it a fold all the time? or is it depends on the table...
      2ed que. : How shall i play this hand in flop, should bet more? I thought that flop didnt look that dangerous, so 0.13 was enough vs 2 fishes, I maybe should valuebet more instead?
      3ed que: How to play it in turn? slow or fast?

+ what does the minicheck raise mean? is it a strong move? or is it fishy? when i see someone chech miniraise, it is like the nuts thats how i see it. (i am maybe easy to scare)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheKingOfCasablanca,

1st question: How shall i play 66 utg? I never play them utg, it was maybe the first time since I started playing more tight . I start playing 22+ from mp+. is it a fold all the time? or is it depends on the table...

On those limits you can even limp them, although raising is totally fine. I would do it 4xBB.

2ed que. : How shall i play this hand in flop, should bet more? I thought that flop didnt look that dangerous, so 0.13 was enough vs 2 fishes, I maybe should valuebet more instead?

Basically you could even bet it bigger like $0,15.

3ed que: How to play it in turn? slow or fast?

Just get it in when he really plays this way, he is very likely to go broke.

Best regards.