This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] set vs turn action

• TheKingOfCasablanca
      TheKingOfCasablanca
      Bronze
      Hey! I will post a hand and write details about me at the same time :) .

PS: i posted the same hand at wrong forum SSS, and now i only copied and past it here. Now it is on the right forum :) .
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($1.90)
      BB ($2.83) 47/17(50hands)
      Hero ($4.42) 24/17 (1000hand) stats is both 6max and fr thats why they are little high :) I am more LAG 6max.
      UTG+1 ($3.59)
      UTG+2 ($1.89)
      CO ($4.68)
      BTN ($2.68) 47/12 (92hands)
      Today i decided to play full ring. playing ABC poker. but this hand was going to be the last hand in the session anyways. I was UTG and I thought my utg open raising range is : 77+ , AQ+. but I could raise 3bb from utg and play the hand depends on the flop + players. the btn and the bb players played against me at another table at the same time. both of them are real fish :D :D and I was happy to play this hand against them.

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 6:heart:

Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.06, fold, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.19) Q:diamond: 6:club: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.13, BTN folds, BB calls $0.13

I just couldnt flop a better flop then this one. there was not so much draws, so if i was getting action, I might get action with QT+, maybe get action in turn if someone pick up a flushdraw or something like that. but anyways, hands that were going to call me in the flop are : ( Qx 68, 57,79,9J,9T,7T,6T strightdraws...) there was no flush draw, so I was hopping that I might get action vs Qcxc or Qdxd

TURN ($0.45) Q:diamond: 6:club: 8:spade: T:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $1.35, BB raises to $2.14, Hero raises to $2.93, BB calls $0.50 (AI)
      made hands on turn that i bet (overpair, toppair, 2pair, flushdraws)hands that beat me (79,9J, higher set).the thing is i thought that the bb is so fishy that he could call me with QT+ and might reraise with like top2. the problem is I didnt know how to play the turn. I am playing him heads up in turn and I have position on him, shall i play the hand slowly, like call the turn and try to hope that the bored pair if he has a stright. or call in position river bet (because of stright possibilty). or if i should play it fast, like I did. what i was thinking about is that I dont want to lose value from all hands that this player could have like, flushdraw or toppair, top 2.
      RIVER ($5.73) Q:diamond: 6:club: 8:spade: T:diamond: 5:heart:

1st question: How shall i play 66 utg? I never play them utg, it was maybe the first time since I started playing more tight :D . I start playing 22+ from mp+. is it a fold all the time? or is it depends on the table...
      2ed que. : How shall i play this hand in flop, should bet more? I thought that flop didnt look that dangerous, so 0.13 was enough vs 2 fishes, I maybe should valuebet more instead?
      3ed que: How to play it in turn? slow or fast?

+ what does the minicheck raise mean? is it a strong move? or is it fishy? when i see someone chech miniraise, it is like the nuts thats how i see it. (i am maybe easy to scare)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheKingOfCasablanca,

1st question: How shall i play 66 utg? I never play them utg, it was maybe the first time since I started playing more tight . I start playing 22+ from mp+. is it a fold all the time? or is it depends on the table...

On those limits you can even limp them, although raising is totally fine. I would do it 4xBB.

2ed que. : How shall i play this hand in flop, should bet more? I thought that flop didnt look that dangerous, so 0.13 was enough vs 2 fishes, I maybe should valuebet more instead?

Basically you could even bet it bigger like $0,15.

3ed que: How to play it in turn? slow or fast?

Just get it in when he really plays this way, he is very likely to go broke.

Best regards.