6-max strategies

• 6 replies
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      play tight at early phase, push loose, call shove tight.
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zilltine
      play tight at early phase, push loose, call shove tight.
      Sounds like your talking SNGs here.

For 6 max cash just steal steal steal and C-bet dry flops or flops that you have hit.

Theres fair few vids and articles in the strattegy section.

Whatever you do dont be limping as you will be easy target for free monies. If your gona play it raise it

Try and find tables with high saw flop % as these should be softer, unless it has filled with regs in the time its taken you to get top of list

Good luck
    • Diabeto88
      Diabeto88
      Bronze
      breena is right, it depends what limit do you play - I am playing NL 10, sometimes NL20 and there is enough when you play ABC poker. on higher limits is really important to think about your hand and opponent ranges. you should think about it on NL10, NL20 too, but you don´t have to use it perfectly.
      after you know you can play ABC poker, try to use 3bet more, steal more etc. if you have further questions let us know
    • rangeer
      rangeer
      Bronze
      thanks for asnwers, one more question: is it better to play these tables (6-max cash games) with the maximum buy-in or could i play the short-stack strategy there?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rangeer
      thanks for asnwers, one more question: is it better to play these tables (6-max cash games) with the maximum buy-in or could i play the short-stack strategy there?
      Full stack. Always.

SSS and MSS are tailored for FR games.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      6max games are generally more aggresive thanfull ring games however depending on what limits you play at they could still be relatively tight, or at least loose passive. (I.E people like to see alot of flops and generally don't like to fold)

As you move up the stakes the games will get more aggresive and 4b jamming 22 for value and 3b calling 910s (seriously!) is super standard.

It all boils down to knowing your opponents. It is fine being able to play level 27 durrrrrr stuff, but if you are playing it against a level 3 then its not going to work. Being able to suss out what level your opponet is on and being able to stay one level higher no matter how often he adjusts.