[NL2-NL10] nl5 QK

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hello,

This one was hard for me too. But imo my whole play is bad, and it's a bad leak for me?

The whole hand was tricky. Was the 3bet call a bit too loose? Villian 13/9 over 32 hands (small sample). 9.1 3 bet%.

After calling from the BB, and then betting that big on the flop, all he's really representing is an overpair, set, or maybe A/K high flush draw. So should I be getting it in on the flop, to force out bluffs since I still have some fold equity on that drawy flop, or just leave the hand there.

Or as played on the turn, fold/call/shove?

Also thinking about it, since it is a 3bet pot to begin with, I don't think I can be folding that flop? Maybe that's one of my big leaks, is not getting money in on a 3bet/4bet drawing flop.

Thanks

Full Tilt - $0.02/$0.05 (6 players)
      Full Tilt Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB: $5
      BB: $5.14
      UTG: $4.04
      MP Hero: $5
      CO: $5.89
      BTN: $5

Pre-flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP and dealt T: Q:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.66, Hero calls $0.46

Flop: ($1.34) :4c: :8d: :3c: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.88, Hero calls $0.88

Turn: ($3.10) :4c: :8d: :3c: :9d: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.60 (All-in), Hero folds, BB returned $3.60
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Preflop: Basically just fold it here rather than Call while you really don't have a plan or anything.
      Postflop: Basically I'd raise it even here with my FD, although calling ain't wrong. And you can't really do much on turn than fold the hand, in long run you will rather loose money than with if you Call/Shove.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thanks veriz.

And yeah I think you're right about the folding without a plan.

Is folding still best on the turn? Just asking because I realised I had gutshot + FD, i didn't notice the GS before. So I have roughly 10 clean outs, unless he has higher FD.

Thanks again
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Thanks veriz.

And yeah I think you're right about the folding without a plan.

Is folding still best on the turn? Just asking because I realised I had gutshot + FD, i didn't notice the GS before. So I have roughly 10 clean outs, unless he has higher FD.

Thanks again
      Yep, likely best is to fold it on turn while just holding a draw.