This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Harrington on Online Cash Games; 6-Max

• 7 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi

It is a good recognised book. However AFAIK Harrington is a much more recognised tournament player than CG. Also his books, although good, are quite outdated now.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      It should probably be added that he doesn't really play online poker...So he's not relly educated to write about the online game...
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      I've read. Helped a lot especially understanding HUD stats.Briefly, it is worth reading.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      It is a good recognised book. However AFAIK Harrington is a much more recognised tournament player than CG. Also his books, although good, are quite outdated now.
      I think it's a little over the top to say a book that was published on June 25, 2010 is quite outdated.

There are a few good parts about his book. He explains HUDs and HUD stats very well and his note taking system is very useful if you haven't yet developed a system of your own.

I personally got quite a bit of value of out it. As far as the strategy parts go ... I would stick to the PokerStrategy recommendations. :D
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      My bad :D , I read Harrington on cash games :f_biggrin:

oops I don't know this book. However Harrington is know for live tournies more than anything.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      My bad :D , I read Harrington on cash games :f_biggrin:
      I think his books are still quite valid for live play. His recommendations never did work online, not even when those books were new. :f_frown:
    • DavidGarban
      DavidGarban
      Bronze
      This book is an exception to past harrington on cash imo, I had read it and I can say is good even though you may skip the small stakes part but everytime from page 1 to 360 or something is worth reading for micro players.