Harrington on Online Cash Games; 6-Max

• 7 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi

It is a good recognised book. However AFAIK Harrington is a much more recognised tournament player than CG. Also his books, although good, are quite outdated now.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      It should probably be added that he doesn't really play online poker...So he's not relly educated to write about the online game...
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      I've read. Helped a lot especially understanding HUD stats.Briefly, it is worth reading.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      It is a good recognised book. However AFAIK Harrington is a much more recognised tournament player than CG. Also his books, although good, are quite outdated now.
      I think it's a little over the top to say a book that was published on June 25, 2010 is quite outdated.

There are a few good parts about his book. He explains HUDs and HUD stats very well and his note taking system is very useful if you haven't yet developed a system of your own.

I personally got quite a bit of value of out it. As far as the strategy parts go ... I would stick to the PokerStrategy recommendations. :D
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      My bad :D , I read Harrington on cash games :f_biggrin:

oops I don't know this book. However Harrington is know for live tournies more than anything.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      My bad :D , I read Harrington on cash games :f_biggrin:
      I think his books are still quite valid for live play. His recommendations never did work online, not even when those books were new. :f_frown:
    • DavidGarban
      DavidGarban
      Bronze
      This book is an exception to past harrington on cash imo, I had read it and I can say is good even though you may skip the small stakes part but everytime from page 1 to 360 or something is worth reading for micro players.