This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - TT faces shove on the flop.

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero) = ($10.44)
      BU = ($10.50) (44/0 over 34 hands. 0.6 flop aggression)
      SB = ($10.00)
      BB = ($4.04)
      UTG1 = ($11.85)
      UTG2 = ($9.46)
      MP1 = ($10.00)
      MP2 = ($3.64)
      MP3 = ($10.00)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T :diamond: , T :spade: .
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BU calls $0.90, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.85) J :heart: , 9 :diamond: , 2 :diamond: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.90, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, BU raises to $9.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.10.

I'm not sure if I played this hand right or not. Naturally, the result turned out bad, so I'm biased.

My questions are:

1) Did I 3-bet too small preflop? I'm almost certain I did
      2) I felt my opponent's bet on the flop was a blocking bet, and that very few hands would flat a 3-bet, rather than 4-bet. I had him on TT-JJ, AK, and it's almost impossible he had TT. So I felt most of his range was AK, so I re-raised him to see if he would cave. Was this correct?

3) Looking back on it, I feel if I'd looked at my opponent's stats, I should have just folded to the flop bet. What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

Preflop: Basically I wouldn't even 3bet such a nit with 0 PFR. Rather just call for set value and if I would 3bet then likely the sizing ain't that wrong with position.

As played
      Postflop: Rather just CBet the flop while there are possible draws and as well he could easily have worse hands. And basically if I do Check the flop then Check/Fold.

Best regards.