This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Kk Nl5

• Pnnkaznk
      Pnnkaznk
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $11.02
      BTN: $5.41
      SB: $5.02
      BB: $1.99
      UTG: $1.83
      UTG+1: $2.00
      MP: $5.46
      MP+1: $5.00
      Hero (LP): $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:heart: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.05, Hero raises to $5.00 and is all-in, UTG+1 calls $0.95 and is all-in

Flop: ($4.07, 2 players) A:club: T:club: T:heart:

Turn: ($4.07, 2 players) 7:spade:

River: ($4.07, 2 players) 2:diamond:

UTG+1 shows A:heart: A:spade: (Full House, Aces full of Tens) (PreFlop 83%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      Hero shows K:heart: K:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Tens) (PreFlop 17%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      UTG+1 wins $3.87

This guy have very tight stats. Only 2% PFR, and i belive he never 3 bet on 150 hands. I insta push this hand becouse he is shortstack, and i didn't look stats. But it seems that these tight players have AA a lot of times when i have KK and they 3bet me.

Do we ever fold this.
  • 6 replies
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I'm not a judge obviously, but here's how I see it:

No range is exactly 2%. So there's a few ranges he could have.

Raising only AA: 0.45%
      Raising KK+: 0.9%
      Raising QQ+: 1.35%
      Raising QQ+, AK: 2.55%.

QQ+, AK is a tight, but acceptable range for raising UTG (I don't know about SSS specifically). So if he has QQ+, AK, we can remove KK from his range, because we have it. So inputting QQ, AA, and AK as Villain's range into our equilator, we are actually a 57.5% favourite against this range.

The standard play is to be willing to go broke with any of these hands, but assuming he pushes tighter, if he pushes with QQ+, it's a flip. Considering we already invested a dollar, we definitely call here.

Only if he 3-bets with KK+ would his range be AA here, and that seems rather unlikely to me. So I think you just got coolered, that's all, and pushing with KK was still correct. He probably had a bad run of cards.
    • Pnnkaznk
      Pnnkaznk
      Bronze
      If his PFR is 2% i guess his 3bet range is tighter.

I 3bet only KK AA vs tight player, and i guess there are a lot more nit like me out there, sometimes AK QQ JJ to isolate 1 player, but vs 1 player i just call AK JJ.

So if i have KK and he is very tight player and 3bets me. Becouse i have KK 25% of his range, i guess he will have AA most of time.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Well there ya go. I didn't think many people played that tight. I guess we shall have to see what the judge says: I'm very intrigued as to the correct play now.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pnnkaznk,

Folding would be criminal here. :D Never ever think of folding even not against a full stack. I am going broke and not much to add. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • Pnnkaznk
      Pnnkaznk
      Bronze
      I wuld just love to see statististic someone going all in vs me with KK. But i don't know how to setup filter on Poker tracer.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Pnnkaznk
      I wuld just love to see statististic someone going all in vs me with KK. But i don't know how to setup filter on Poker tracer.
      There should be a spot where you can setup Starting Hands and then pick KK and you can see from there. And as well it should be possible to set some filters.